2011 NHC Scores

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone get any scoresheets back yet and want to share? My first time entering a contest and I was pretty psyched to see my IPA get a 42.5. It managed to not place though.

How does the score sheet come back to you? regular mail or email? I submitted to Dallas but have not heard a peep back yet. I am concerned that maybe the 750 entry cap was hit before mine arrived.

Cheers,
JW

How does the score sheet come back to you? regular mail or email? I submitted to Dallas but have not heard a peep back yet. I am concerned that maybe the 750 entry cap was hit before mine arrived.

Cheers,
JW
I submitted to Dallas/Fort Worth and got an e-mail last Saturday (4/24) that had the list of all the first round winners. Then I got 6 more e-mails on Sunday, each e-mail had the filled out scoresheets for each beer I entered.

If you haven't received anything yet, maybe they don't have a good e-mail address for you? Is that possible? If you want me to check the list for your name send me a PM with your name and I'll check it (or PM me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail the list).

That is a very good score but IPA is a tough category.

The feedback was pretty good. One judge scored it a 44 and it didn't really have any criticism. The other that scored it a 41 added there was a bit of astringency, which I guess I should try and fix. His handwriting was a little hard to read though

I heard dallas expects to email sheets to most entrants by today and entrants with ten or more entries somewhat later.

The feedback was pretty good. One judge scored it a 44 and it didn't really have any criticism. The other that scored it a 41 added there was a bit of astringency, which I guess I should try and fix. His handwriting was a little hard to read though

Since you received your scoresheet in email, send a copy of it to the judge and ask him to decipher it.

I try to send comments/feedback to a couple of judges from every competition I submit beers to and almost every judge says they never receive email from people about the scoresheets.

Everyone should send at least one judge an email and let them know if their feedback was useful.

Latest posts

Back