too much iodophor?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zodiak3000

Reaction score
i sanitized a muslin bag and marbles for dry hopping. usually i let it dry out for awhile before i add hops and dry hop, but i had kinda an emergency where i had to leave the house. i had my fermenter lid off and out of panic just put the hops in the freshly sanitized bag and did the dry hop and sealed the fermenter. i noticed when i did this the muslin bag was pretty soaked with iodophor still. i strained it out real quick, but couldnt get all the solution out before i did the dry hop. anybody ever had an off flavor or problem using this method? i read online about an iodophor test and it seems i should be fine, just curious on peoples experience with iodophor and if you got anything bad from using in larger amounts.

i cant speak from personal experience. but the amount of iodophor coating the bag and marbles diluted in 5 gallons of beer is negligible. i would be surprised if you even noticed it in the final brew.

If it's dry, it's not sanitized. Iodophor is a WET sanitizer. If you are letting your equipment dry you're wasting the Iodophor.

Latest posts

Back