Brewers Discount has reopened

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the same price I paid for a reconditioned keg a couple months ago from brewer's discount. Maybe they'll have a sale soon.

That would be nice, but on their homepage it says October sale, then lists what I listed. We will see. I bought a couple anyway. i was in need of a couple more kegs, and $25 is a pretty good deal IMO.

Anyone know what's going on with them now? I ordered some kegs on sunday and haven't gotten anything at all. No confirmation email, nothing. Now their website seems to be down.

JnJ said:
Has anyone purchased kegs from this place?

I did last night. Got an order confirmation in my e-mail and I'll let you know if they arrive. I'm pretty sure it's the same guy just through a different site. The website looks exactly the same as the previous.

ALL my kegging stuff came from them about 8 months ago. There was a phone number on it and I had called them. I think his name is Terry and he basically works out of his house as one time his wife answered and was confused. He's been great. I had a keg pressure valve not seat correctly and constantly leaked, I called him and he immeadiately mailed me some new ones plus some extra poppets and washers, for free.

I've ordered numerous kegs on several different occasions with no issues (and nice kegs).

They aren't exactly cutting edge when it comes to e-commerce and auto-notifications...etc.

I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again (if I didn't already have 20 kegs).

I ordered 2 kegs & 4 disconnects from them last week and got them yesterday.
I payed $20. ea. for non reconditioned ones & they are in nice shape and came holding pressure.

How are his shipping prices? I can get fully cleaned and reconditioned (with all new parts) 5 gallon Cornies from my LHBS for $35.

Going to be close. Probably a little cheaper at brewers discount though. The reconditioned kegs are fully cleaned with everything replaced like the ones at your LHBS. I recently ordered two, total cost after tax and shipping was ~$81. However, I also bought 4 QD, some clamps, and one picnic tap.

I bought 3 reconditioned kegs a few months ago from brewers discount and the shipping was $17 to MN I believe.

If you're curious though, you can add them to your cart and proceed to checkout and you can check the shipping before you enter your credit card information (I hate and refuse to order from sites that require you to enter your credit card number before they'll quote you on shipping).

I wasnt able to do that I had to email them for a quote and it ended up being $3.00 cheaper on the shiping after I did order them? Go figure.

drunkatuw, You said it brother. I don't care how much I save, I will NEVER EVER order something that you have to pay up first without knowing the total end price. A lot of companies make a lot of money of the so called "shipping" charges. Just look at CD mail order companies. You know dang well it shouldn't cost 5-8 bucks to mail one CD.

He does beat my LBHS for disconnects and several other items. Maybe I'll just get the little stuff from him and the kegs locally. Spread the love if you will. :)

I just recieved my kegs from brewersdiscount today. They arrived after 3 days of shipping and are in perfect condition all being pressurized and with only warning stickers left on the kegs.

It took him a long time to process the orders, but I think their system might have been out. Either way, I got my kegs as described and for a darn cheap price. :rockin:

They showed up on Tuesday for me, or so says the fedex shipping. 2 Kegs, I think my total was just over $50. I haven't actually seen them yet though, I'm 300 miles away.

I've ordered from him before-highly recommended.
Great customer service, I talked to him a couple of times when I was setting up my kegging system.
He was very helpful with questions and offerred several suggestions on setting things up.

This is a really old thread, but to post a review

Reading what others have said it appears I'm in the minority, but this could be that I'm in Canada too, so Canadian buyers beware (?)

We ordered a set of 2 kegs and a bunch of misc parts. Nothing to do with brewing, but perfect equipment for what we needed.
Ordering was a huge pain, as instructions for PayPal were vague (we were NOT providing a credit card to a website with no referrals that looked like it was created in the 90's), and they were extremely hard to get a hold of. Half the time the phone was not answered, and emails were only replied to after a phone call made after waiting for days. ALWAYS the email provided information contradicting what was discussed on the phone.

When our order arrived the box was quite full of small holes, not indicating damage but wear. One large hole had been taped over. An inventory of the items told we were missing one disconnect and had one extra tee (these were enclosed in ziploc baggies and packing taped to the kegs. LOTS of residue to try and get off the dinged and dented kegs. Website does not denote that these are refurbished). Enquiries to Brewer's again met with difficult communication, and finally a 'file a claim with FedEx'. We did, and FedEx took responsibility, probably because it was a $16.00 part. However, the presence of an extra tee indicates it was more likely the shipper's mistake.

Great confusion ensued in trying to obtain the missing part, once again miscommunications, and finally a whole new order processed, in which Brewers failed to pay any attention to the online order form in which we provided the company address twice, indicated that this was a missing part for a previous order (see THAT shipping address) and proceeded to ship to the individual employee's home billing address from PayPal.

So either service has gone drastically downhill since all the good recommendations posted here, or it's just us Canadians who are receiving the crappy customer service.

I ordered a few kegs from them got the order confirmation, sent off a quick e-mail asking them to let me know when the kegs would be shipped. Waited a week heard nothing, so I sent off another inquiry. Quickly got a response that my credit card had been declined(it is possible that I entered the number wrong or something) So I place another order last week(made sure the credit card number was right, got the order confirmation.....and have heard nothing...
I just saw this https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/cheap-ball-lock-cornies-139863/ on the classifieds and If Insc02 is willing to ship to Canada then I think I will cancel my order and buy from him. THis is the second time I have tried to buy kegs online...https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/where-buy-corny-kegs-canada-137693/

I'm begining to wonder if I have done sometning to offend online keg sellers:confused:
Richard

Just ordered some keg supplies from these guys. The shipping was a little sluggish (took about a week to for them to put it in the mail) but you can't beat the prices...

Latest posts

Back