Livin' the life in Hamburg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omarsdroog

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I'm an American living in Hamburg, Germany. I haven't started brewing anything yet, but I want to. (yeah, I know - There are a lot of good beers here in Germany, but that's no reason for me not to learn myself.)

It's not bad. I have 2 kids here with my girlfriend (also American). She has 2 others with her German ex. So we keep pretty busy with all the rugrats running around. but Germany is okay. I miss home sometimes though. But we're making it here. I guess I should learn a little German sometime. ;)

omarsdroog said:
It's not bad. I have 2 kids here with my girlfriend (also American). She has 2 others with her German ex. So we keep pretty busy with all the rugrats running around. but Germany is okay. I miss home sometimes though. But we're making it here. I guess I should learn a little German sometime. ;)

Yeah learning German can help. Are you guys planning to travel south towards Munich at all?

Munich is a bit of a haul. I was closer to it when I was in the Army, but I always ended up going north for some reason.

We'd like to travel a bit more, Berlin is definitely coming up. (my son needs registered at the US consulate) But there's still so much in Hamburg that we haven't done yet.

omarsdroog said:
We'd like to travel a bit more, Berlin is definitely coming up. (my son needs registered at the US consulate) But there's still so much in Hamburg that we haven't done yet.

have you been to the fish market on a sunday morning? missed that but it's supposed to be an excellent sesson.

Latest posts

Back