Frigidaire Kegerator, question for those who have built one

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digphish

Reaction score
I just finished my Frigidaire Kegerator, and it looks and works awesome so far. My question is, does your refrigerator sound like a quiet washing machine? I tested my fridge for a night before I built it, and it was quiet and got cold. Now, it still gets nice and cold, but I can hear fluid rushing through the freon lines. Has anyone else experienced this? I only drilled two holes for the copper pipes in the top after digging out the foam. I used a 13"x16" piece of plywood to anchor the tower and used screws that weren't long enough to pierce anything but foam to mount the tower to the wood. Any thoughts?

Thanks

That makes me feel better. It probably made that sound before the modification, but I wasn't listening as closely. Thanks for letting me know!

I haven't noticed any noises like that from mine...I'm glad CDbrews answered before I did to quell any fears though. :)

Edit: oops, never mind; I misunderstood. Mine is made from a Frigidaire chest freezer, not a fridge. Apples and oranges.

CDBrews, does yours make that sound all of the time? Mine only stops if i turn down the thermostat. It seems like it is running all of the time.

no it doesnt run all the time but sometimes i notice the fluid through the lines you are talking about

Back