Considering a sale...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
I am considering selling my 2 S/S conicals and getting a single Blechmann with a sealable lid. I would need to do some modification for cooling, but...

Any thoughts and what do you think I could get for each (22 gallon and 24 gallon) s/s conicals with lids and fittings?

UNOmar said:
I will start the bidding at $5

REALLY!

Actually, the Blechman with leg extensions is going to run about 800, so it would be cool to get close to that for the pair. Is that reasonable?

I think somewhere around that might be reasonable.

That said, I just bought a Fermenator myself, so I'm not in the market.
(I haven't received it yet, though)

IIRC: These are the ones in your gallery that are hooked up to your glycol system.
Assuming your average joe brewer doesn't have that: What kind of cash outlay might a person assume above and beyond your selling price?

Yeah, good question. . .other question is: do the chilling coils come with, and if not, are the holes in the lid easily stopped up using a bung or some sort of filler??

The coils would come with, I mean why not. That being said, they can be removed easily and the holes can either be stopped up with a stopper or capped. The fittings are 1/2 inch stainless couplings. As for use/expense, it depends. One could run them without any external coiling, or rig some simple set up. I have thought about running a loop off of my main water supply line so that anytime I ran water it would cool my brew. I also think somebody could rig a simple glycol loop out of a beer frig/freezer with a pump and temp controller.

woodstone said:
Since we are bidding (see UNOmar)...I'll call his $5 and raise to $10...

These guys are just wrong!! - cheap cheap cheap - I will SOOO bid fiddy-dolla for the two!! HA - top that!!

(actually, If you are still trying to sell in March... I would pay 800 for the lot, but for right now, I am about 12,000 miles away from you and currently not brewing)

Latest posts

Back