been almost a year since I brewed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klcramer

Reaction score
Been a long time since I have made a home brew and was just about to get back into it. The basics I still know but when it comes to alcohol percent I am a bit fuzzy. If my starting gravity is 1.044 and my projected final gravity is 1.010 what percent should I end up with? If I am correct this will be a low alcohol beer. It is an all malt pilsner. Is there any way to increase the percent without affecting the taste to much? I went with this beer because I want to add some cherry flavor after the fermentation is finished. I thought a light cherry pilsner might be nice on a hot summer day.

good to be back and thanks in advance.

I come up with about 4.5% ABV on that. (OG-FG x .131=ABV)I suppose you could throw some Corn Sugar in there to give more fermentables, but keeping the beer on the lighter side.

Are you an AG brewer? you could always up your base malt and mash low, around 149* that would do the trick also.

Welcome Back:mug:

I hereby christen thee obsessed:rockin:

I am an extract brewer would like to go AG but don't know enough yet.

Back