airlock troubles/help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewN

Reaction score
Hey guys - i just ordered a airlock, the 3-piece airlock, its supposed to have a body piece, piston and vented cap. however my shipment only included the body piece.. mustve been a mistake. But, im wondering if i can salvage this airlock, perhaps i can put a blowoff tube into the body and the other end of the tube into a sanitized large cup, will that create the airlock ?

Yes, That's how I usually start with a blowoff tube. should be no problem, just jam a tube onto the stem in the middle.

They are like 99 cents at my LHBS. Do you have a homebrew shop near you? Maybe you can fashion something out of a sharpie cap or something... We homebrewers are pretty good MacGuyvers.

They are like 99 cents at my LHBS. Do you have a homebrew shop near you? Maybe you can fashion something out of a sharpie cap or something... We homebrewers are pretty good MacGuyvers.

Nope, i live in a rather small town. closest brew shop is 100miles away!

Latest posts

Back