Need help on brew shop to order from

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSbrewer

Reaction score
I have been ordering my brewing whatnots at midwest supplies, but it takes so long to get here (mississippi) . Anyone know of a good place, semi close to the south, where I can get some hops and yeast before my new thermo regulator gets here (Friday)???

I have been ordering my brewing whatnots at midwest supplies, but it takes so long to get here (mississippi) . Anyone know of a good place, semi close to the south, where I can get some hops and yeast before my new thermo regulator gets here (Friday)???

www.austinhomebrew.com They have a great selection and it gets to you pretty damn fast, it took 2 days and im in MI.

It's not any closer, but I've been pleasantly surprised at how quickly stuff gets to me from Northern Brewer. They're packing up orders very soon after they've been received; I had to call them to add something to an order I had placed, I told them I had *just* placed the order online, and they had to double-check to make sure it hadn't already been packed up. Very professional (I've heard of other places out, oh... maybe in Concord, CA, that sometimes take DAYS to get your stuff packed up and out).

I ordered from morebeer.com and received my order in 5 days. And I live in Labrador Canada. So it crossed the continent in 5 days, you can't get much further from California than Labrador. So I would recommend them.

Alabrew.com is our mainstay for most stuff. They are located in birmingham.

The shipping may not be as a attractive as other places, they will be very quick on shipping if you need it soon.

That said, since we started all grain, I just pick up the crushed grain whenever I'm in a town with a good homebrew store.

Homebrewden.com is good, though I've only ever been in the shop.

+1 on Northern Brewer, they ship the same day if you get it in early or the next if you get it in late.

I go with NorthernBrewer.com or MoreBeer.com. More Beer has free shipping over $59 and pretty good prices. Northern Brewer has $7.99 flat rate shipping and also has good prices. I just shop both and see what is cheapest overall, and I am usually going back and forth.

I go with NorthernBrewer.com or MoreBeer.com. More Beer has free shipping over $59 and pretty good prices. Northern Brewer has $7.99 flat rate shipping and also has good prices. I just shop both and see what is cheapest overall, and I am usually going back and forth.

If time's a concern... re-read my post about Concord, CA. :D

If time's a concern... re-read my post about Concord, CA. :D

Never had an issue with them taking long to ship. Always within a day or two, and sometimes even same day. And since I am in Southern California, it gets here faster than from any other online home brew store.

Since the OP is in MS and did mention time is a concern, then I wouldn't recommend ordering from anywhere that is far from you. Naturally it will take longer for shipping. Going to a LHBS is the only really fast way.

shipping to people in rural areas often depends more on how close you are to a distribution center and the size of the distribution center rather than where it gets shipped from.

The main thing is you want a store that will ship out your package the same day and not let it sit around for a day or two.

As I always say to people who want fast shipping or shipping that won't damage delicate items, pay extra for it, sorry that is really the only solution to your problem.

Morebeer & Willams Brewing gets stuff here inside in about 3 days as does Northern Brewer. Austin Homebrew Supply is about 40 minutes (drive time to and from at lunch) :D

Never had an issue with them taking long to ship. Always within a day or two, and sometimes even same day. And since I am in Southern California, it gets here faster than from any other online home brew store.
That's been my experience as well
tup.gif
[although i've been ordering more from AHS lately just because they have more selection in their recipe kits]

Latest posts

Back