How's this for ventilation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like it will work as long as the interior duct to your fume hood is not to long or narrow. Even thought the motor is enclosed I would find a spare motor fairly soon. Boils produce a huge amount of moisture. I would also leave it running during cleanup so most of the trapped condensate would evaporate.

Seems like it will work as long as the interior duct to your fume hood is not to long or narrow. Even thought the motor is enclosed I would find a spare motor fairly soon. Boils produce a huge amount of moisture. I would also leave it running during cleanup so most of the trapped condensate would evaporate.

I wasn't planning to duct it, just put it at the top of the ceiling above the brewpot.

that looks like a pretty good deal ww. mcmaster doesnt have one under 170. the motor is sealed so wouldnt think that'd be a problem. as beer said keep it running during cleanup to exhaust the remaining moisture(just like your supposed to do with bathroom fans) and it'll do fine i think. my little range hood one was sufficient to exhaust most of my 6g boils.

Are you going to have a hood to protect the ceiling and try to direct the vapors to the fan? If so I think you have a winning setup that will last for some time.

I'm planning on doing a steel ceiling, so it should be maintenance free.

Back