is there Homebrew supply store etiquette?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
while i've never had a "bad" experience at my LHBS, i used to notice negative body language during my early days whenever i was in a rushed mood or asked a lot of questions.

i think the life of a LHBS employee is pretty laid back and they pick up on anxiousness. it only makes it worse when you are a newb. like a city slicker going into some laid back country town.

trouble is whenever i go to my LHBS i usually have my son with me, or my wife is waiting impatiently in the car. now she says "no talking to them!" just get what you need!

ryanme said:
I went to buy a starter kit from the homebrew store in my town. The store employee seemed rather cranky with my questions. I waited patiently for 30 minutes while she helped 2 other people. I didn't touch anything. I basically looked over book shelves, to see if there was a brewing book I wanted to buy. When I finaly got service. The employee seemed rather annoyed when I asked about a ballpark figure on startup equipment and an easy recipe kit. The way the employee was acting, I must have done something wrong, to have the person making it pretty clear they didn't care about my business.

When i went to mine the guy seemed pretty nice, she was just having a bad day forget about it.

It seems like alot of the people who own brewshops must also own gunshops! Anyway, any store owner who acts like an ******* to me does not get my money unless I am truly desperate. If I have time, I will hang around the store for a little bit and bother the the SOB with alot of stupid questions. :D

Latest posts

Back