What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tapped my Dubble, Saint Stephens' Eleven Ale

image-60332289.jpg

20130801_214108_zpsc40352bb.jpg

Remmys homebrew sculpin.

Almost copper in color with a thick lasting off white head. I get a lot of pine, resin, and a hint of citrus aroma. The taste is fantastic. I've been drinking ipas all day and this holds its own with just about everything I've had today. It's a little earthy up front, you can really taste a lot of resin, then it finished sweetly with a bit of citrus and then the malt carries it through. Extremely well balanced beer overall. I'd pay 10 bucks for a 4 pack of this beer (though at that price you could be bothered to cold crash it :p)

Nicely done

I gotta pick up some Surly's for a trade tomorrow (and myself!). thankfully the store we're going to has a decent selection. if not, well set up a decent trade, I think!

Get me some coffee bender! You'll have to mail it to get here while my wife is at the beach with her sister. I got about 8oz of the last 4 pack.

Channel66 said:
Remmys homebrew sculpin.

Almost copper in color with a thick lasting off white head. I get a lot of pine, resin, and a hint of citrus aroma. The taste is fantastic. I've been drinking ipas all day and this holds its own with just about everything I've had today. It's a little earthy up front, you can really taste a lot of resin, then it finished sweetly with a bit of citrus and then the malt carries it through. Extremely well balanced beer overall. I'd pay 10 bucks for a 4 pack of this beer (though at that price you could be bothered to cold crash it :p)

Nicely done

w00t! Cheers!

Fighting a cold so I'm settling for my 6.8% 45ibu hoppy saison I bottled Sunday instead of my 11.25% 120ibu IIPA. Thanks for the recipe advice Gabe, this is damn tasty!

ForumRunner_20130801_190506.jpg

More interlude, gearing up to bottle batch two. I'm definitely building a counterpressure fiiler when I get barrels. Did I mention I think I've got a barrel hook up? Now I just need to figure out how to fill one.

More interlude, gearing up to bottle batch two. I'm definitely building a counterpressure fiiler when I get barrels. Did I mention I think I've got a barrel hook up? Now I just need to figure out how to fill one.

Same way you fill anything else? Brew lots of beer, fill barrel, age, rinse, repeat.

I don't remember if I posted this, but it doesn't matter. This ball game is just embarrassing. 13-0?!! Ugh. I'to hard to enjoy good beer when your team is being embarrassed. Anyway, Lah-goo-knee-tuss Luh-key 13. Whatever. This game sucks a porcupine penis.

tyzippers said:
I don't remember if I posted this, but it doesn't matter. This ball game is just embarrassing. 13-0?!! Ugh. I'to hard to enjoy good beer when your team is being embarrassed. Anyway, Lah-goo-knee-tuss Luh-key 13. Whatever. This game sucks a porcupine penis.

There is no way...NO WAY...a Pirate fan is complaining about any minute of this season. When was the last time the whole team wasn't for sale at the trading deadline?

Cris's (FuzzyMittens) sour mash chocolate something or other?

I'll admit, I'd been avoiding this. It sounds absolutely terrible. It's very fruity. Smells mostly oud bruinish, but with some subtle roast. Taste reminds me of apple/cranberry juice, but then there is the roast on the end, which surprisingly mostly works. Bit of a gusher, it was a gentle pour, but it was making a break for it when opened. Reminds me off NG serendipity, but without the sweetness.

Really interesting what the cocoa powder (if I recall correctly) did to a sour mash. Try a plain Berliner sometime, I think the sour mash went quite well.

Thanks man! I do need to get a plain Berliner going. I kinda just jumped in head first with that one. Well my fiancee woke up wicked sick this morning so I've just been taking care of her all day after those few beers earlier. Having my American amber now after racking and stabilizing 5 fresh gallons of Skeeter Pee. I may or may not have left a quart or so behind in the bucket to have after this :ban:

ForumRunner_20130801_223100.jpg

Ridire said:
There is no way...NO WAY...a Pirate fan is complaining about any minute of this season. When was the last time the whole team wasn't for sale at the trading deadline?

One game at a time. It's the only way I can stay sane! I'm not complaining about a loss...can't win em all, but this was ridiculous! Either way, were still the best team in ball ATM. So I'll take it. I do see a little irony between me drinking a Lucky 13 and them losing 13-0. Ha ha. He he. See? I'm laughing. See my fake smile? :-D

Pale ale? Na, it's a White Stout. Actually it's neither. It's Green Flash West Coast IPA and its delicious

image-1332209335.jpg

tyzippers said:
One game at a time. It's the only way I can stay sane! I'm not complaining about a loss...can't win em all, but this was ridiculous! Either way, were still the best team in ball ATM. So I'll take it. I do see a little irony between me drinking a Lucky 13 and them losing 13-0. Ha ha. He he. See? I'm laughing. See my fake smile? :-D

Take a look at the ALC right now. The top 3 teams have combined to win the last 22-23 games. Kansas City is on an 8 game winning streak...and have lost half a game in the standings over the last 10.

Ridire said:
Take a look at the ALC right now. The top 3 teams have combined to win the last 22-23 games. Kansas City is on an 8 game winning streak...and have lost half a game in the standings over the last 10.

You must be a fan of a team in the ALC. I'm sorry . ;)

tyzippers said:

Oohhhh you must have not been watching the Sox come back in the bottom of the 9th from 7-2 to watch Daniel Nava hit the team's second walk off win in the same day??!?!!!?

j1laskey said:
Oohhhh you must have not been watching the Sox come back in the bottom of the 9th from 7-2 to watch Daniel Nava hit the team's second walk off win in the same day??!?!!!?

No. Because I'm not a Sox fan. I'm not understanding where this is going here.

tyzippers said:
You must be a fan of a team in the ALC. I'm sorry . ;)

No need for apologies. I've watched my team play in the World Series twice in the past 6 years...and 3 times in my life. You'd have to be pretty old to say that as a Bucco fan. (I'd add a winkie face if I knew how).

Latest posts

Back