Feeler gauge sizes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, through no fault of my own, my barley crusher setting (the default from the factory) was ****ed up. I liked the default setting, by the way. Anyway, I want to order a set of feeler gauges to fix my issue. What the heck size set do I order to get me closer to the default?

Go to any automotive store... get a set that goes up to say .035 or so...

The factory setting is .039... just combine a couple feelers... say a .029 and a .010 and you will get your .039 back.

Pol

The factory setting is .039... just combine a couple feelers... say a .029 and a .010 and you will get your .039 back.

Pol

ok, since I'm showing my ignorance here, I'll go ahead and ask-

is that mm or inches?

ok, since I'm showing my ignorance here, I'll go ahead and ask-

is that mm or inches?

Inches...

I got a .035 set at Autozone for $2.99

It has 12 feelers all the way up to .035... different combinations will give you about any gap you want.

Pol

Thanks! I'm ordering from Sears, since I also need a 12 point 7/8" deep socket for two of my kegs. I have looked for the socket for over a year, and finally just decided to order it online. I have some posts that are 11/16", some that are 7/8", but only two of them are 12 points. It'll drive you crazy!

I am 100s of miles from an AutoZone, or else I'd go there.

Ok, through no fault of my own, my barley crusher setting (the default from the factory) was ****ed up. I liked the default setting, by the way. Anyway, I want to order a set of feeler gauges to fix my issue. What the heck size set do I order to get me closer to the default?

Yooper, just use the same gauges you use to gap the spark plugs on your truck! :D

Ugh. I always thought I'd like to live up there, but if there's no Men's Mall (Fleet Farm), well, that's too uncivilized even for me...........:(

:D

Ugh. I always thought I'd like to live up there, but if there's no Men's Mall (Fleet Farm), well, that's too uncivilized even for me...........:(

I dare say that I must agree. How totally uncivilized. J/K At least I am only two miles from the local co-op. ( a mini man mall, but with free coffee!)

Pol

We were just arguing (discussing?) about this at work the other day. If you really want to "McGyver" it, A VISA card is .025 thick and a dollar bill about .004 thick. You can start playing with those.

Back