beginner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stately1967

Reaction score
me and a mate are going to press three types of apples this weekend what are the pros/cons of using ccrompton tablets and beer yeast, we will only have about 50lb of apples to start with how many demijohns will we need???

stephen

Im not sure how many Kilos 50 lb is, too lazy to find out atm :p

But when i pressed my apples, i managed to press a gallon of juice out of between 8-11 kilos of apples, as i had a few different types of apples.

I have a whole load of apples to press this weekend, not sure how many but a good few gallons,

I plan to squeeze them, then add one campden tablet per gallon, then wait 12 hours. If you like, add some pectolase to help clear the cider, but this works best i hear if you add it a while after the campden.
Wait another 12 hours then pitch your yeast, im not an expert on yeasts, but from reading around i dont think youl have many problems with a beer yeast.

It depends how good your press is, commercial juice operations get 80% juice (8L per 10kg) but I get about 50%.

Latest posts

Back