Maryland Keg Purchase

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DraconianHand

nudge, nudge, wink, wink
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am seriously thinking of getting a pallet (assuming I can find a place to accept delivery with a loading dock).

Anyone interested in some kegs? I am too lazy to ship or deliver, but you can pick up (Elkridge, MD) or I can bring to MD Big Brew Day if you are going (and they arrive in time).

UPDATE 02/25/08

All kegs are spoken for, see below for possible waiting list. Kegs have been TENATIVELY set aside for the following individuals:
  • DraconianHand - 5
  • balto charlie - 3
  • budbo - 2
  • adx - 2
  • freyguy - 4
  • john from dc - 2
  • chthonik - 2
  • claphamsa - 5
  • REMAINING - None. See below.
Post on this thread or PM me to reserve, add, reduce or remove your request. Although all the kegs are currently spoken for, I can start a waiting list in case people change their minds about the number of kegs they want.

Hey Drac I might be interested in some. I am checking out a freezer this weekend (if it doesn't sell soon). Depend on its size. I have 5 kegs now so may want 2-3 more, again it will depend on the freezer size. The one I am looking at looks like it could handle 5-6. I'll let you know. How much are they? Charlie

$15 a piece if I can find someplace to take them with a loading dock. I could probably have them delivered to my place without a lift gate though. When my brewing system came the truck didn't have a lift gate.

$20 a piece if I have to have it freighted by a truck with a liftgate.

Well I got a freezer yesterday, plus a long bike ride and a stop at Old Dominion Brewpub....win win win! Looks like I can do 2 more kegs. Let me know if you do this and need help unloading. Charlie

wilserbrewer said:
liftgate??? $15 - $20 /keg. 25 corny kegs could be unloaded by hand pretty quickly. Never underestimate the Norwegian steam.
Mike

All depends on the truck driver... He might not let you.

balto charlie said:
Did you get 'em? Charlie

They were picked up yesterday (2/27/08). The shipping company is supposed to call me to arrange delivery and I have not heard from them yet. Hoping to hear from them today.

The shipment has arrived. As I will not be home tomorrow (Saturday), the earliest you guys can pick up your kegs will be Sunday the 2nd (this Sunday). Feel free to stop by between 10 am and 7 pm. 98EXL, claphamsa and myself will be brewing, drinking and hanging out. You are welcome to join us (although I don't have a lot of extra room for brewing, so just plan on drinking and hanging out).

If Sunday isn't good for you, drop me a PM so we can make arrangments. Send me a PM to get my address and phone number.

Also, these kegs are kinda grungy (at least on the outside), so you will want to do a good cleaning job (changing O rings probably a good idea too) and pressure test them prior to putting them into service. I pressure tested all 5 of mine and two leaked initially. After reseating the lid O ring they held pressure.

Thanks for taking care of this Matt! My kegs are all torn down, de-stickered, and the last two are sitting in oxy-clean now!

Ohh, and BTW, sweet arse brewing system!!! :D

No problem, I may do another buy in the future if there is enough interest

My system is fun. It allows me to clean, read, enjoy the weather, play video games, etc. while brewing (at the expense of a slightly longer brew day). I am still dialing in my system, but the beers I am brewing now are much cleaner than on my old system.

Back