Northern Brewer Shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnsen

Reaction score
Ok...so I got the new catalog from Northern Brewer today ummmmm I dident see any of the "home of the 7.99 shipping " slogan anyware..is it over?...

Yes, they've "lowered their prices" to offset the shipping increase, according to them.

I went back and added my last two orders to their cart to see how the new rates stacked up, and if I ordered the same thing today I would end up saving money on each order with the new variable shipping. Not much, I think one was $3 and the other was $4. So yes, they did lower the prices on some things.

I ordered 12 lbs of grain or so from them a few weeks ago, and the shipping was ~$8.50, and it was much faster than with the old flat rate. It was 3d day, and they shipped it out the morning after the order. I like the new way much better.

Austin and Brewmasters Warehouse have almost always been more expensive when I value shop even with their flat rate shipping.

I agree, and thus shopped at Northern brewer unless someone else had fantastic sales going on. I went to buy 18lbs of LME for an upcoming brew, and shipping was nearly $25 for $50 worth of LME. NB has a great variety/selection, but shipping LME is a killer.

Both Austin and Brewmasters are sponsors on here (I think), so I will give them a shot. I'll be excited to go AG this summer, but no time to make the conversion yet.

*edit*
Whoa whoa, somehow a 6lbx6 (36lbs) of gold LME was also in my shopping cart, so nearly $25 to ship 54lbs of LME isn't too bad. For just the 18lbs it's a tad over $11. Prices of LME have not changed though.

Austin and Brewmasters Warehouse have almost always been more expensive when I value shop even with their flat rate shipping.

Also my experience. I've stopped 'value shopping' and just shop at NB - saves me time and hassle.

I haven't shopped around much but I've been impressed with NB and not only their shipping but also their customer service. I had an order in and they shorted me a pound of grain but I also screwed up and didn't order a pound of another grain and they shipped me the missing grain and my screw-up for no charge. Guess who I'll be ordering from again??:mug:

Haven't seen any savings from them with their new shipping format. That being said, they are reliable with their product and shipping so if I need to get something that I can't get local I do look towards them first. Especially since I've have bad experiences with more beer

Somehow I looked at northern brewer for a 50 lb sack and shipping was 15 bucks. I waited a few days and when I went to purchase it went up to 24 bucks shipping for the same thing. They do have fast reliable shipping though and I've never had any issues.

Latest posts

Back