Wife thought she smelled mold.........

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick

Reaction score
When I opened the kegerator to switch out a keg. Didn't see anything obvious, then I got to thinking. I don't use the lettuce crisper in that fridge for anything. So, I opened the door up and slid out the crisper. Gaaaahhhhhhh!!! About 2 quarts of beer in there, with a quarter inch thick layer of green penicillin growing on top.:eek:

Busy this morning cleaning up and putting new "O" rings on all the corny posts.

After cleaning the kegerator up, I found the real culprit. 3/16 line on one of the taps did not have a hose clamp on it. Duh!:drunk:

That sucks... I had a similar catastrophe this weekend... I have a 4 tap keezer and Friday I gave the lines a good cleaning. Apparently something didn't seal right when I attached the liquid disconnect to one of the kegs. Later that evening I went to pour myself a beer and nothing came out... I opened the lid to investigate, and to my horror the bottom of the freezer was full of beer. Thankfully, the keg that leaked was my least favorite and only about 1/3 full at the time so it could have been worse.

Oh man that is NASTY! My condolences on your loss!
Thankfully I've never had the experience -though I have had a mess on the floor of my fermenting keezer when I had an over-excited batch clog and blow the airlock out of the fermenter -and didn't know about it until I went to check a few days later to see if fermentation was complete. It was a pretty sticky mess but the beer was GREAT!

Latest posts

Back