Better Home Brew by Jorge Zarate...comments?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsday

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this learning program? Can you offer feedback? Seems a little too "silver-tongued" of a pitch...reminds me of Motley Fool...way too wordy. But it sounds like uncomplicated advice from a single source and maybe heavier on technique for success than "technology".

BTW, I've been lurking for months and now decided HBT is the best for me so I just joined. Thanks to everyone out there sharing info! I took a 20 year break from brewing (kids and career...go figure!). Clearly the biggest change is the addition of the Internet! This is awesome.

What I aspire to is to keep it simple and efficient. Brew plenty to share. Supplement my store-bought favorites...Sam Adams Boston Lager and Harpoon IPA.

Also if you think you know "the perfect book" or software (considering beernaut) for me please suggest. I have 20 year old copies of Papazian, etc (one's even autographed)...the only new book I've gotten is Clone Brew...but first things first...I need to get good at the process before I venture into AG's etc.

Thanks!

I would go out and buy a new version of Palmer's "How to Brew". That is a very well written book with solid foundations in science. It will simply show you how to do things and also explain the details of the science so the book will continue to be useful int he future.

In addition, I highly recommend reading "New Lager Brewing" by Noonan. It is more in depth and less applicable to beginners but is a great reference and really improved my brewing.

Other than that, just start brewing and you will start to figure it out.

My motto is, do one thing better each brewday and your beer will improve.

But it sounds like uncomplicated advice from a single source and maybe heavier on technique for success than "technology".

Uncomplicated advice is exactly what I aimed for in my program and so far everyone that's joined has been extremely satisfied...

Single source?

Although that would be pretty cool, I know I am not going to be a single source, nor do I want to be... the best thing about the brewing world is how much everyone is willing to share... in fact, I share a lot on my Brew Beer And Drink It blog for free, and also help answering questions on forums like this...

If you have anymore questions, feel free to PM me...

Jorge

Back