My first brew! Done!( with pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hefe1911

Reaction score
I decided keystone light wasn't worth a crap once I had a real beer, so I decided to start brewing my own. I researched my butt off and Built my own o.d. Green kegerator then ordered a bravarian hefeweizen kit from Austin home brew. It turned out great! I've turned into a beer snob so to speak. It's really a satisfying feeling coming home after a longs day work and having a nice cold pint of my OWN beer. This wonderful sight has a lot to do with my success. Thanks a lot!

a873d6d1.jpg

80b8ae35.jpg

1aae80ea.jpg

707835e1.jpg

congrats!

I just recently started AG brewing and have done a few AHS kits. I've been very pleased so far.

Enjoy your beer.

hefe1911 said:
I've turned into a beer snob so to speak.

Not a snob. We don't use that term around here. Just working on your palate. Becoming more beer "sophisticated."

Congratulations on your kegerator and first beer! Looks very nice! This hobby is very rewarding, and will quickly take over your everyday ability to stay focused on other tasks, i.e. work, housework, care of animals/children, etc.

Not a snob. We don't use that term around here. Just working on your palate. Becoming more beer "sophisticated."

Congratulations on your kegerator and first beer! Looks very nice! This hobby is very rewarding, and will quickly take over your everyday ability to stay focused on other tasks, i.e. work, housework, care of animals/children, etc.

This... And congrats! I'm on my honeymoon and ordered my wife a couple extra drinks so shed fall asleep and I could have a few hours reading about brewing. Between this, hunting, fishing, video games and golf... It's a wonder I can hold down a job.

This... And congrats! I'm on my honeymoon and ordered my wife a couple extra drinks so shed fall asleep and I could have a few hours reading about brewing. Between this, hunting, fishing, video games and golf... It's a wonder I can hold down a job.

I know what you mean. I'm an avid bow hunter and fly fisherman. I build my own rods and tie my own flys. I'm brewing tommorow night, Saturday going on a 3d bow shoot and fishing on Sunday after church. There is no offseason. Y'all are completely right about my pallet. It's fun taste testing all the Sam Adams and shiner products. Congrats on the marriage.

I know what you mean. I'm an avid bow hunter and fly fisherman. I build my own rods and tie my own flys. I'm brewing tommorow night, Saturday going on a 3d bow shoot and fishing on Sunday after church. There is no offseason. Y'all are completely right about my pallet. It's fun taste testing all the Sam Adams and shiner products. Congrats on the marriage.

Same here... It's why I made sure to get a new bow, drift boat and round out my collection of rods and reels last year. My tying table has been neglected since I started this hobby a few months ago.

Back