Homebrew supply combination craft brew store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tir727

Reaction score
I can't be the only one that's thought this is a good idea. Anyone tried it...successfully or otherwise? I'm near Atlanta and thinking it could just be my calling...maybe some exotic meats and cheeses too boot. SWMBO is interested to be business leader...she doesn't drink beer but wants to boss people around...:D

FYI, I'm currently a geologist which is pretty cool in my world. Owning my own homebrew/craft brew business may be a bit cooler. Any and all thoughts/comments welcome.:fro:

Ironic that you should mention Atlanta, as this concept is already in action here, at 'Hop City Craft Brew & Wine' - they have a section devoted to homebrew.

I will say however, that my experience there was horrid (clearly not their primary business model, so I'll give them that), so you won't be hard pressed to out-do them.

You'll have a hard time pulling customers away from Rick & Peggy at Beer & Winecraft though! Really do enjoy shopping at their store.

We have a new craft brewery here in Ventura, CA that is doing exactly that!! Homebrew shop in the front and tasting room in the back. They are called Surf Brewery and are a bunch of really good guys. They have only been open for a few weeks. I love the whole idea of turning people on to homebrewing via drinking beer. Sounds like a no brainer to me!! I think Ballast Point in San Diego started off in the same business model.

Siciliano's market in Grand Rapids Michigan does this. Best beer selection and homebrew store in the area by far. They have a website if you want to look them up. I believe it's sicilianosmkt.com but I'm on my phone so just google it if I'm wrong.

I was wondering that too, we have some Brew-on-Premise places and some home brew stores but not a combined one. My perfect store would be one where people can brew their own, buy supplies and a small pub that servers only home brews.

A kicker would be if you have a class every month where people can help create a new beer to server in the pub and for taking part they get a discount on that beer while it's be server or something.

Phunhog said:
We have a new craft brewery here in Ventura, CA that is doing exactly that!! Homebrew shop in the front and tasting room in the back. They are called Surf Brewery and are a bunch of really good guys. They have only been open for a few weeks. I love the whole idea of turning people on to homebrewing via drinking beer. Sounds like a no brainer to me!! I think Ballast Point in San Diego started off in the same business model.

Ballast Point is my LHBS. It started off as an LHBS, then the owner (my gf knows his son so I'm trying to get her to introduce me!) Decided to also make it a brewery, they sell homebrew supplies, bottles of their fine product, and they have a 15 tap tasting bar! Which you can get all the stuff they don't sell in bottles or at their other location. Indra Kunindra, so delicious. Also their Habenero sculpin IPA.

Edit: is* my LHBS

Latest posts

Back