Rookie kegging mistake...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beersteiner2345

Reaction score
pulled the relief valve on one of my kegs last night to bring it down to serving pressure (I have 5 ft lines).

No worries. Tonight I go to get a brew from the other tap... no psi at all. Looks at the gauges, 0.

Apparently I twisted the relief valve last night on the one keg, leaving a leak. So it all drain.

Just filled the 10 lbs. tank last month. FML.

So tonight I am now drink Two Hearted Ale (aw shucks), to get some yeast for the clone I am brewing next week... not all bad, but sucks I have to drive an hour tomorrow to the LHBS to refill the tank.

Are you getting a lot of foam from your 5 foot lines? I have the same set up and it pours beautifully at 12 psi.

Anyway, that certainly sucks. If it makes it any better, you don't have to go to a LHBS to get CO2. You probably have Airgas or another welding supply store right down the road that can fill that tank for you.

Are you getting a lot of foam from your 5 foot lines? I have the same set up and it pours beautifully at 12 psi.

Anyway, that certainly sucks. If it makes it any better, you don't have to go to a LHBS to get CO2. You probably have Airgas or another welding supply store right down the road that can fill that tank for you.

This was a hefe... so 18 psi. WAY too much foam. So I drop it to 10 psi for serving.

I live in a very small town... closest brew show is an hour round trip. Closest Airgas is equally as far, but then I can't buy beer. lol

The the person who said this would be the last time: That is a very, very safe bet my friend. ;)

This was a hefe... so 18 psi. WAY too much foam. So I drop it to 10 psi for serving.

I live in a very small town... closest brew show is an hour round trip. Closest Airgas is equally as far, but then I can't buy beer. lol

The the person who said this would be the last time: That is a very, very safe bet my friend. ;)

I live in a small town as well....refilling tank is difficult for sure. And the places that will only work M-F and it's a 130 mile round trip. I now have a spare 5 lb tank, spare regulator set up. I use it to force carb my kegs and as an emergency backup when my 20 lb goes out for the kegerator. I swap the 20 lb at the welder supply....

You don't want to know how I decided to get a spare:drunk:

Back