No reply from CHI Company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattd2

Reaction score
Problem solved - Spam filter or something blocking my emails (I guess it don't trust us kiwis), a quick phone call to Matt and it is all sorted and I am back to being a happy customer.
Lesson learnt - phone calls sort problems better than emails (less technology to interfere!)
Cheers

OP:
Has anyone else had any issue contacting CHI Company lately? I place an order about 2 weeks ago and the shipping estimate was wrong so it was going to be a extra $30 which I don't have (it was tough enough to get the money for the order from SWMBO :tank:). So i emailed back asking if the order could be reduced to fit into the original estimated shipping package. I have emailed several times now both replying to the origin email sent to me and through the contact page on the website, I have even tried contacting Matt through his HBT profile.
My order was for 6 QDs, 3 cobra taps, some tubing and hose clamps. co2 washers and a corney lid. All I really need is the QDs and tapes (tubing would be a bonus). The money has already been charged to my credit card.
Anyone have any ideas or can help me sort this, I'm in New Zealand so calling isn't really convenient.
Thanks.

Call

I among others never got email responses from CHI. Don't do business with them anymore.

I unfortunately found the same thing to be true. Even though I really like them, it has left a sour taste in my mouth. Hopefully they will clear up this issue soon.

have you called? Matt is usually the one that answers the phone, he will treat you right. He is on here occasionally too.

Calling is not really an option. I am in NZ which is +21(?) hours different, My mornings are too rushed to get time to call and I can't call from work.
What is most annoying I think is the automatic reply emails that say I should recieve a reply within 24 hours (M-F).

Just talked to Matt on the phone now, glad I realised that the USA is still working on a friday while I'm off on Saturday :ban: (not so good when your Sunday is my Monday)
He has sorted everything and my order should be on the way shortly. As you guys said Matt was extreamly helpful and sorted it out quick as, the problem seemed to be spam filtering blocking my emails, damn technology.
Thanks everyone.

Sorry everyone for any delays in emails.

We are STILL trying to "tune" the filters........

CALL us should you feel the need at: 530-622-8265 8am to 5pm PST.

We are updating the site and a zillion things are happening at once.

We recieve 75 to 100 emails a day and it can be VERY overwhelming, trying to get through it all, and process orders, and expand the product listings, and manage the website and...and.... This is a classic case of a business crunch where there is a need to hire more personell but not enough business to pay for them

We do realize that as of late, there are some contact deficiencies and we are sorting them out.

Problem solved - Spam filter or something blocking my emails (I guess it don't trust us kiwis), a quick phone call to Matt and it is all sorted and I am back to being a happy customer.
Lesson learnt - phone calls sort problems better than emails (less technology to interfere!)
Cheers

OP:
Has anyone else had any issue contacting CHI Company lately? I place an order about 2 weeks ago and the shipping estimate was wrong so it was going to be a extra $30 which I don't have (it was tough enough to get the money for the order from SWMBO :tank:). So i emailed back asking if the order could be reduced to fit into the original estimated shipping package. I have emailed several times now both replying to the origin email sent to me and through the contact page on the website, I have even tried contacting Matt through his HBT profile.
My order was for 6 QDs, 3 cobra taps, some tubing and hose clamps. co2 washers and a corney lid. All I really need is the QDs and tapes (tubing would be a bonus). The money has already been charged to my credit card.
Anyone have any ideas or can help me sort this, I'm in New Zealand so calling isn't really convenient.
Thanks.

I recall a rather large order of corny's were purchased by a company or brewing supply somewhere in the middle of the Pacific ocean that was to supply corny's to everyone in the Pacific ocean area? If the memory serves me right Matt was the seller of these corny's. Matt's not in the office just to sell a corny or tap now and then he also has a large business to run plus his lines busy many times. Be thankful he's helping us out or you can order a corny thru a local to me HBS for $42 each before tax and shipping. Out of over a dozen phone calls to Matt with six seperate 4 pack orders of cornys I had only one bad lid and Matt took care of that ASAP with a complete lid no stripped down lid but a complete lid plus threw in an "O" ring kit plus shipping all free within a couple days. Heck that replacement lid alone costs more than a used, cleaned and shipped under pressure corny's he has been selling. To instantly bad mouth or talk bad about the service I see as totally unnecessary as Matt's a straight person and resolves any problems no matter how small or big. Sorry I had to chime in on this one. It's nice to have corny's that seal plus have solid rubber ends.

I recall a rather large order of corny's were purchased by a company or brewing supply somewhere in the middle of the Pacific ocean that was to supply corny's to everyone in the Pacific ocean area? If the memory serves me right Matt was the seller of these corny's. Matt's not in the office just to sell a corny or tap now and then he also has a large business to run plus his lines busy many times. Be thankful he's helping us out or you can order a corny thru a local to me HBS for $42 each before tax and shipping. Out of over a dozen phone calls to Matt with six seperate 4 pack orders of cornys I had only one bad lid and Matt took care of that ASAP with a complete lid no stripped down lid but a complete lid plus threw in an "O" ring kit plus shipping all free within a couple days. Heck that replacement lid alone costs more than a used, cleaned and shipped under pressure corny's he has been selling. To instantly bad mouth or talk bad about the service I see as totally unnecessary as Matt's a straight person and resolves any problems no matter how small or big. Sorry I had to chime in on this one. It's nice to have corny's that seal plus have solid rubber ends.

Firstly I was not bad mouthing Matt or his company, just trying to find out the best way to contact him as phone from New zealand was really only an option on a Saturday because of time differences. Matt was very helpful and had great customer service, unfortunatly as he has said above he is/was having some issues with getting emails through. I would of deleted this thread but I thought it would be best to leave it so people trying to contact Chi through email might stuble upon it and call instead and get their concerns dealt with quicker than any other company I have dealt with.
Yeah Matt sells to larger brewing/suppliers but it seems that he treats all his customers equally, and that is a huge plus in my books.
I will definatelly order from Chi again, just sucks that getting anything out of the states that is larger than a USPS flat rate box kills the deal with shipping.

Thanks again Matt and good luck with getting the technology to work for you :mug:

mattd2; I understand where your coming from using a phone vs emails, I ordered a $42 USD part fron Oz and had a $67 USD phone bill from that ordered part with instructions call.
It still beat the dealers (stealers) $158 USD price for a lower quality item.
In the past backing up app 18 to 30 months ago Matt at CHI would have corny's at a great sale price when he had plenty available before they dried up,
his answering machine would get loaded and maxed out with calls during off hours. For me he's only 113 miles ,181 KM away, phone calls were cheap.
Is there a import duty tax for items shipped into NZ?
Next question what's the thipping time California to NZ? You'll be ready for winter brewing.

+1- But it's easier to get on a site an complain to complete strangers who can't help, than to call the actual place.

+1- But it's easier to get on a site an complain to complete strangers who can't help, than to call the actual place.

Yes it is easier to get on a website and ask people who might be a bit more connected if there are any problems getting in contact with the company through email (which there was). As I said the only time I can really call was yesterday due to the time difference. A few people have said that the best way to contact Chi companay was to ring not email so some people on here did help and I thank them for that.

BrewBeemer: Yeah at least my phone called didn't cost that much! No tax if the value is under NZ$400, Shipping is apparently 6-10 days but it doesn't bother me how long it takes really.

What does everyone want me to do with this thread:
a) Delete it
b) Leave it on

I don't think I have been bad mouthing CHI company and my OP has been edited to show that this has been sorted.
I will do whatever you guys think is best.

What does everyone want me to do with this thread:
a) Delete it
b) Leave it on

I don't think I have been bad mouthing CHI company and my OP has been edited to show that this has been sorted.
I will do whatever you guys think is best.

Hey no worries Matt, us Yanks are rather thick skinned and get on each others case at times, all in good fun, hell can't do it to the wifey (pick on) she's too close and hits hard. LOL!. Which island N or S? Before I die I have a Norton waiting for me in NZ by a lifetime bike partner until he went upside down on me in NZ. Grain and hops grown there or also shipped in?

Hey no worries Matt, us Yanks are rather thick skinned and get on each others case at times, all in good fun, hell can't do it to the wifey (pick on) she's too close and hits hard. LOL!. Which island N or S? Before I die I have a Norton waiting for me in NZ by a lifetime bike partner until he went upside down on me in NZ. Grain and hops grown there or also shipped in?

Definately don't underestimate the wife:drunk: I'm in the North Island, I have just started with the whole homebrew thing so don't really know where all the supplies come in. I know they grow hops at least in the Hawkes Bay, only 4 hours drive away and a big wine area.
You'll have to get over here some day to get that bike, you don't really see to many nice older bikes around down here. I worked with a guy that had come over from South Africa and he was gutted that he could only ship 4 of his 10+ bikes.

Definately don't underestimate the wife:drunk: I'm in the North Island, I have just started with the whole homebrew thing so don't really know where all the supplies come in. I know they grow hops at least in the Hawkes Bay, only 4 hours drive away and a big wine area.
You'll have to get over here some day to get that bike, you don't really see to many nice older bikes around down here. I worked with a guy that had come over from South Africa and he was gutted that he could only ship 4 of his 10+ bikes.

I'm holding at 9 bikes, should of had 13 to complete my dream collection, one a 19S Norton 600 to go along with my 61 Matchless 600 Thumper a 3 year to out of England production road bike 125 made, a G50 matchless 500 OHC that Seeley repops in Oz as well a 500 International Norton and a HRD Vincent a 7 0r 10 rated unrestored for $2,500 USD. The 'ex wife killed the HRD sale on me. Not too many 75 or 76 R90s BMW's in NZ either I bet?
I have a shoe winner in Daytona Orange as well a mint with breakin decals black 74 850 Norton International a International show winner. I see Edeleiss Tours has newer "Oil Heads" BMW's but must be as esch road location daily plus big dollar tours. I want to go 5 miles or 500 a day and stop, be a bum and see your land. Norton 750 waiting free bring butt and riding gear take months if I want. Wife, kids and now a bad back holding this dream from me. I recall it was NZ or Oz the "Biker Build Off" on all hand made aluminum bike a Harley what came in 2nd but the most beautyful bile ever made from down under. Billy Lanes Chopper won with crap in design and lack of tallent. I'm a bike nut old school pre plastic. Sad in England during the storm of the century and got a lead on Matchless Typhoon (600) parts, all in the USA. All I saw was Jap bikes. Rather sad. I wish you luck on your build for one thing your on the best homebrew forum for tips and ideas. Your 240 volt AC 50 cycles power? I know ride on the wrong side of the road like in England. More sheep than people in NZ saturday night you'll always have a girlfriend no problem, (sorry inside joke). Wich town on North Island? I like watching the weather reports, South Islands too cold. I'm in the San Francisco bay area cold and damp enough plus the mountains inland. Take care. Carl.

Back