Just finished my first AG brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljsbeer

Reaction score
I had been reading/planing/calculating all week and everything went great.I hit my temps spot on and was able to get 78% from my system.The beer I brewed is a 5.5 gal. batch of BierMunchers Centennial Blonde except I used 8lbs. of pale 2row instead of 7.The only kink I had was that my false bottom lifted letting a small amount of grain get under,but I will hard pipe it to the ballvalve with copper to hold it tight to the bottom.I want to give a BIG THANKYOU to everyone here for all the great info!Yeah Baby:rockin:

Congrats.... bet it wasn't as bad as you thought it might be. I helped teach a class on AG at my LHBS this afternoon. It's alot of fun to see folks who, having digested tons of info, thought it was going to be rocket science but, after seeing the procedures, said... hey, I can definately do that!!!

It's tons of fun!!

I have to agree,it was way easier than I though and definantly tons of fun.

After doing my first I plan to do a double brew day next time. Starting 2nd Mash Once first boil takes off. I figure I could get two batches with really only adding an extra hour of work.

Congratulations!! I brewed my first AG about four weeks ago. I agree that it is easier and a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Its much harder to mess up beer than I thought it was.

Back