Worse day of the year

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
I know some of you will sympathize with me. Today, I had to do what I've been dreading: put the hard-top back on my Jeep. No more convertable, it's too damn cold. Sure, it's warmer and quieter inside, but I like my soft-top.

You're the only person I know with both tops. The older it gets the noisier it gets, but I wouldn't dream of a hard top. Do you have to remove the rag top completely to get the hard top in place?

Say, was your post on another thread (it was eludes me now which one) the intro to Jesus brewed my homebrew?

gaelone said:
You're the only person I know with both tops. The older it gets the noisier it gets, but I wouldn't dream of a hard top. Do you have to remove the rag top completely to get the hard top in place?

Say, was your post on another thread (it was eludes me now which one) the intro to Jesus brewed my homebrew?

1. I live in Chicago where the summer has highs in the hundreds and the winters have reached lows of -74F (with windchill).

2. I bought a Bestop aftermarket softy, which can't stay installed when the hardy is on. :(

3. Yes. It was a parody on "Jesus Built My Hotrod" by Ministry (FYI: for those of you into Christian rock, don't get the wrong idea. If you've never heard them before, it's not what you'd think it is.) Ding a ding dang, my dang-along ling long.

I feel for you, although no switching of tops for me (car). Central Ohio isn't much better temperature range wise. I nearly yelled at a co-worker when he let the "s word" slip the other day (garr, he'll bring it down on us for sure -curses-) ;)

I run a soft top year round in VA. It gets chilly for a few weeks but the heaters in the Jeeps work awesome so if you remember to warm it up before you leave--its nice and toasty by the time you need it. I swear you could cook chicken under the heater in my TJ. Unreal.

I'll never get a hard-top--even if I move back to WI. :D

ORRELSE said:
I run a soft top year round in VA. It gets chilly for a few weeks but the heaters in the Jeeps work awesome so if you remember to warm it up before you leave--its nice and toasty by the time you need it. I swear you could cook chicken under the heater in my TJ. Unreal.

I'll never get a hard-top--even if I move back to WI. :D

My heater is a blast-furnace. I love it. Negative 20 outside, and I'm pumping out heat in less than 2 miles.

I'll say this about the hard-top: It's quiet(er).

Cheesefood said:
My heater is a blast-furnace. I love it. Negative 20 outside, and I'm pumping out heat in less than 2 miles.

I'll say this about the hard-top: It's quiet(er).

With my factory Sailcloth™ top, I swear its as quiet as a hard top. The key is full doors though. Otherwise a hard top is definitely quieter.

Careful monkey...those are jeep people. Just walk away quietly and don't get them stirred up, lest they descend on your 20 acres and turn them into dunes. :D

Don't look at their eyes, right ? ( Monkey backs away slowly) I mean, I get it..... Hard tops, soft tops...... No offense, OK guys ? P. , cover me while I make a run for the treeline ! Yeah.... just wish I HAD a Jeep..... They're cool... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!

sudsmonkey said:
Softy, Hardy ? What are we talking about here ? Which brings me to my next point. I thought it was Jesus Left Chicago . Y'all talk about some funny things...

Jesus left Chicago...headed down to New Orleans...

different song.

You asked for it!

Here it is!

Back