What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got home from work an hour ago. On my third glass of homebrew. Two Pale Ales, now a glass of Trippel. I need to go to bed...

Just got home from work an hour ago. On my third glass of homebrew. Two Pale Ales, now a glass of Trippel. I need to go to bed...

Shift work sucks and people think your an alchy when you are trying to find a beer at 6 a.m. :drunk:

Good thing we have homebrew, eh?!?!?

I feel for ya man, but I'm really glad those days are over for me...I hope!

WTF??? Hahaha... best name ever for a beer!

2ec79169.jpg

WTF??? Hahaha... best name ever for a beer!

I had that a while back, was good stuff. I am actually a big fan of most of the beer Lagunitas makes.

great stuff. Smooth body, lots of flavor, great drink ability. lots of hazelnut and caramel flavor.
dscn2954.jpg

INSANE. A barge load of hops in a bottle. Smelled like a bag of hops when I opened the bottle. tons of grapefruit, pineapple, orange, and pine flavor. Bitterness coats the entire mouth, but is not overwhelming. Thank goodness 4 packs are easily attainable, this is going in my fridge for sure.
dscn2956f.jpg

Founders devil dancer. I'd take a pic, but iPad2 cameras are TOTALLY LAME!!:mug:

Sampled a pint of my Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout... WOW!!! It has been so tasty ever since I started it. I'm definitely going to brew it every 6 or so months so I always have some on hand.

10.75% ABV :D

Boulevard Brewing's Chocolate Ale with fresh strawberries and blackberries...Awesome :mug:

This is not your typical chocolate beer...it is a nice hazy pale amber color, no dark chocolate malts but your first impression is dark, bitter chocolate and alcohol in the nose. It is lightly hopped for such a high alcohol beer but still nicely bitter with a very dry, clean finish. Beautiful white head persists even as the beer warms and the complexity comes out a little more. There is some sweetness but it's not sweet. There is bitterness but it's not bitter. I dropped a blackberry in my glass and it seemed to accentuate the flavors and served as a nucleation site for the carbonation. Paired extremely well with the berries for an indulgent and unique dessert.

I was totally disinterested in this beer when I saw it...I figured it would be a sweet dessert beer and I don't really like sweet in a beer. I am glad I reconsidered. Apparently they used the crushed roasted Dominican cocoa nibs in the brewing process...I assume the mash but possibly also as a later addition like a dry hop?

Should have taken a pic when there was more left, but your lucky I thought of you at all! The second shows the color of the beer better, but the flash detracted from the overall impression :D

002.jpg

001.jpg

Boulevard Brewing's Chocolate Ale with fresh strawberries and blackberries...Awesome :mug:

This is not your typical chocolate beer...it is a nice hazy pale amber color, no dark chocolate malts but your first impression is dark, bitter chocolate and alcohol in the nose. It is lightly hopped for such a high alcohol beer but still nicely bitter with a very dry, clean finish. Beautiful white head persists even as the beer warms and the complexity comes out a little more. There is some sweetness but it's not sweet. There is bitterness but it's not bitter. I dropped a blackberry in my glass and it seemed to accentuate the flavors and served as a nucleation site for the carbonation. Paired extremely well with the berries for an indulgent and unique dessert.

I was totally disinterested in this beer when I saw it...I figured it would be a sweet dessert beer and I don't really like sweet in a beer. I am glad I reconsidered. Apparently they used the crushed roasted Dominican cocoa nibs in the brewing process...I assume the mash but possibly also as a later addition like a dry hop?

Should have taken a pic when there was more left, but your lucky I thought of you at all! The second shows the color of the beer better, but the flash detracted from the overall impression :D

002.jpg

001.jpg

I just bought this today!

I just bought this today!

I'm surprised there is any to buy!!! When I grabbed mine a week and a half ago the limited amount Gabriels had received were goin fast as people drove from all over the San Antonio area to buy a bottle or six. It was partially the extreme interest in this beer that finally convinced me to give it a try. Have you sampled yet? What do you think? Watch out, it'll sneak up on you at 9% :drunk:

I'm surprised there is any to buy!!! When I grabbed mine a week and a half ago the limited amount Gabriels had received were goin fast as people drove from all over the San Antonio area to buy a bottle or six. It was partially the extreme interest in this beer that finally convinced me to give it a try. Have you sampled yet? What do you think? Watch out, it'll sneak up on you at 9% :drunk:

There was probably 30+ bottles. 9% is about average for me. I session with 7%+... right now on my 3rd snifter of 12% that was after a 4 pack of Young's Double Chocolate Stout. I will probably drink it tomorrow to start the evening... I'll report tomorrow.

I should just keep the bottle in the freezer, or get some bourbon rocks; because I drink it looooooong before the ice melts. :D :drunk:

I'm just messin with ya. I usually just throw a cube and/or a splash of water in - even with much more expensive stuff than woodford. Helps mellow the alchohol heat and brings out other flavors. I'm working on a bottle of Kirkland small batch bourbon these days. At $20 a liter it's a steal.

I'm just messin with ya. I usually just throw a cube and/or a splash of water in - even with much more expensive stuff than woodford. Helps mellow the alchohol heat and brings out other flavors. I'm working on a bottle of Kirkland small batch bourbon these days. At $20 a liter it's a steal.

Now with Pappy Van Winkle; I just wave an ice cube over the glass - no way in hell water is touching that stuff :D

There was probably 30+ bottles. 9% is about average for me. I session with 7%+... right now on my 3rd snifter of 12% that was after a 4 pack of Young's Double Chocolate Stout. I will probably drink it tomorrow to start the evening... I'll report tomorrow.

emrolleyes11.gif

ba681c19.jpg

Interesting... not sure if I actually like it. Definitely glad I tried it, but not sure I'll pick up another.

ba681c19.jpg

Interesting... not sure if I actually like it. Definitely glad I tried it, but not sure I'll pick up another.

I was just impressed by how well the chocolate flavor and aroma came through in such a light, dry brew. I liked it. Definitely not a regular selection, but I would be interested to see how it aged. As an experimental brew I think it was a success.

I was just impressed by how well the chocolate flavor and aroma came through in such a light, dry brew. I liked it. Definitely not a regular selection, but I would be interested to see how it aged. As an experimental brew I think it was a success.

I got ZERO chocolate except on the after taste on first sip... as I progress through the bottle it is fruity... slighty hoppy and "alcoholish" smelling. Good, but I don't really get the chocolate.

Swingtop of Saccharomyces' Belgian Pale when I got home followed by a 22 of Drooling Scottish Moose while cooking (and eating :D) chicken quesadillas, homemade guac, and tamales, topped of by my Devil's Punchbowl Strong Golden...nothin' but homebrew and lovin' every second!!!

Picked up a bottle of Wilco Tango Foxtrot...seemed an appropriate brew to toast the end of my commercial indulgance until SWMBO and I save enough money to move for grad school :mug:

TANSTAAFB said:
Swingtop of Saccharomyces' Belgian Pale when I got home followed by a 22 of Drooling Scottish Moose while cooking (and eating :D) chicken quesadillas, homemade guac, and tamales, topped of by my Devil's Punchbowl Strong Golden...nothin' but homebrew and lovin' every second!!!

Picked up a bottle of Wilco Tango Foxtrot...seemed an appropriate brew to toast the end of my commercial indulgance until SWMBO and I save enough money to move for grad school :mug:

WTF is great!! Cheers

21'st amendment Monks blood, Hoppin Frog B.O.R.I.S., Cigar City Bolito, and Ettaler Curator Doppelbock. I can't reallyl see so good right now. Everything tonight was 9 percent, except for Monks Blood at 8.4. Advil is gonna be my friend tomorrow

I brewed a 911 beer on Sept 11 2010. All things 911 from the 2752 people who died to the 1776 foot height of the towers. About 9 hours and 11 min was put into the recipe. Anyway I am sampling this beer from the transfer. Just got done keging it.
I will tap it Sept 11 2011 @ 8:46 AM the exact time the towers were hit. This beer was a real PITA to brew and an even bigger PITA to coddle for the last 6 months.
A lot of thought went into this beer from the 2752 people that were killed to the 343 fire fighters that lost their lives and the 60 police that also died. I had 19 oz of hops to remember the 19 hijackers that were also killed. This was a first for me, but I will do it again this year. I will make a few changes I am sure I sample this in 6 months.
Cheers

Jay

I brewed a 911 beer on Sept 11 2010. All things 911 from the 2752 people who died to the 1776 foot height of the towers. About 9 hours and 11 min was put into the recipe. Anyway I am sampling this beer from the transfer. Just got done keging it.
I will tap it Sept 11 2011 @ 8:46 AM the exact time the towers were hit. This beer was a real PITA to brew and an even bigger PITA to coddle for the last 6 months.
A lot of thought went into this beer from the 2752 people that were killed to the 343 fire fighters that lost their lives and the 60 police that also died. I had 19 oz of hops to remember the 19 hijackers that were also killed. This was a first for me, but I will do it again this year. I will make a few changes I am sure I sample this in 6 months.
Cheers

Jay

Don't forget Jay, 9/11 didn't only happen in NY. There were also people killed in PA, and DC. And I don't get the part where you say you want to "remember" the hijackers that were killed. Did you mean to say "celebrate the fact that there's 19 less pieces of $hit to kill more Americans"? Next year, when you brew this beer, I'll give you a better number for your hop bill...17 ounces. It's the number of union electricians that died that never get remembered in the speaches and tearjerker interviews that peope only mention the firefighters and police.

It's a noble cause you took up to make the beer. You may be the only person whose brewed a 9/11 beer. I like the fact that you did it, and I'd love to have one when it's tapped. But your delivery here is very disrespectful to everyone who died, and everyone who watched it happen live, in person, in NYC, DC, or PA. You could have left out the part that it was such a pain in the a$$ to brew and coddle, and the part about "remembering" the terrorists will surely leave a bad taste in the mouth of ANYBODY you say that to.

That said, I did watch it first hand, in person. Not on TV, but from 5th avenue, in NYC. A classmate of mine, who was unlucky enough to get a job ticket that said "WTC" died that day, and another escaped with his life. Maybe I"m being a little sensitive here, but a lot of people have said "It was ten years ago, let's get over it". There are things people will never get over, and this should be one of them.

Back