A great 2nd brew weekend!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eljefebrewing

Reaction score
First, started drinking my first batch - a brown ale recipe from the LHBS owner

firstBrew.jpg

Then SWMBO and I brewed an APA for her birthday next month... still waiting for it to bubble, but being patient. It's only been 2 days.

APA.jpg

And finally, I mixed up my first batch of the ubiquitous EdWort's Apfelwein!

apfelwein.jpg

What a great weekend! :ban:

firstBrew.jpg

APA.jpg

apfelwein.jpg

Glad to see that your starting the Apfelwein so early in your brewing career. You won't regret it! Just make sure that you start another batch about a month after you've started your first batch. It goes quite fast and takes a while (2-3 months) before it is REALLY good. Hold off on drinking mass quantities of the stuff until you know that you have more in reserves.

If I wasn't cramped for space, I'd start another batch of apfelwein right now! I have two more packets of Montrachet yeast (because who's going to pay $6.50 in shipping for one $0.75 pack?) and the LHBS was out of one pound bags of corn sugar, so I got a 5-pounder. All I'd need would be another BB/airlock setup and juice.

It seems like EVERYONE is making EdWort's Apfelwein, so I'm looking forward to something very tasty!

Latest posts

Back