Recipe Request: BarrelHouse Sunny Daze

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrolSpice

Reaction score
This beer is from a small craft brewery on the central coast, CA, right down the street from Firestone. Because of this, I haven't been able to find a clone recipe. Their website also doesn't say a whole lot about the ingredients. It's a bit similar to Blue Moon, but will slightly less orange and malt flavors. I tried a Blue Moon clone and it didn't come out very well, IMO.

Has anyone tried to clone Sunny Daze this beer with any success?

Here is a link to the beer on their website: http://www.barrelhousebrewing.com/?gclid=CLOTnavjvMwCFQiUaQodtC8KYw

Thank you!

That is a really nice beer. Can't help with the recipe, but darned if that isn't an excellent little hole-in-the-wall brewery. We discovered it by accident when visiting Firestone Walker in Paso Robles a year or so ago. Their sours are pretty rockin' too.
thumbup.gif

Good luck. If I remember correctly, they do a lot of beer blending. Hopefully, they only blend their sour beers. I follow Schumed lead and email, facebook, call the brewery.

I shot them an email, hopefully they'll give me a little more insight.

I shot them an email, hopefully they'll give me a little more insight.
Just discovered this thread but our owner asked today if we could make a beer like Barrel Brewing Co's 'Sunny Daze'. I see it has wheat, lactose and citrus adjuncts with Mandarina Bavaria Hops but if you have a bit more insight I'd love to hear about it as I narrow in on a recipe in hopes of creating something similarly delicious.

Back