What is your all-purpose yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JonK331 said:
What would you pacman users say the difference is between 1056 and pacman?

i'd like to know this as well. I've wanted to use pacman but Wasn't willing to pony up the $8 until I read more about great results.

I used to be 05 & Notty like many others, but JZ has convinced me to go liquid. Been on a Wy1968 London ESB run lately--ESB, Mild, Moose Drool, RIS--and I love the strong ferments and the slightly fruity flavors. But this weekend I'm trying WLP051 Cal Ale V and will do a side-by-side with the 1968 on an APA in two weeks.

Safale 05 for pretty much all my clean tasting ales (oh wait thats pretty much what I enjoy drinking most)

I use US-05 for almost all my ales. For lagers I use Saflager 34/70 primarily. I love the ease of dry yeasts - and their quality has greatly improved over the past several years.

It's good to have a go-to yeast for your favorite house beers, but some of you are REALLY missing out if you only ever use a single strain of ale yeast for everything. It's so much fun to experiment, and you may just create something that blows your mind!

Back