So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mrs Baggins wants hefeweizen. She even asked for the recipe and went to the LHBS while I was at work.
I guess I'm brewing Hefe this weekend.

Sent from my magic box, using only my thumbs.

Brewed a iipa tonight. And had a few while brewing it.

1410491322329.jpg

Looks like the fridge fan motor won't be coming in this week the repairman had to order. Guess I'll have to try & make room in the cooler for two gallons of spring water for top off today. Idk how long the yeast pack will last in the bottom of the fridge in the meantime? Might just try to brew tomorrow, since the weather forecast is for cooler days at least through the weekend. I try to match brew days to the extended weather forecast.:mug:

I'm adding the cold coffee toddy to secondary and moving my stout from primary into it on Sat. Then I'll start on a SN pale ale close with a few modifications to the recipe.

I'll try to brew on Saturday but my girlfriend scheduled something at 2:00 pm, so it'll be a tight fit even if I get up t 6:30 or 7:00. I hope I'll be able to brew since I have my holiday beer planned out, starter going, etc.

I finally get to chime in here! Gonna brew up first time in 5 or so years. William's triple hopped ale kit, strictly by the instructions.

This weekend is pear picking at my co-workers house. Looking to out-do my 11 gallons worth of cider from last year. If I don't with her tree I will with my grandparents tree! It actually produced fruit this year and is 3 times the size of my co-workers tree.

Going to brew a Saison for the first time this weekend. got my starter going last night so yeast will be ready this Sat.

So I lost my last batch to mold...said eff it and threw out the fermenter too.

So I need a quick brew for my new minifridge that I'm converting into a kegerator.

Brewing up an ordinary bitter in anticipation of drinking in 2-3 weeks. Also gonna teach a fellow homebrewer I met at a block party last weekend all grain.

Brewing this weekend....just not sure what. I posted a rye ipa recipe, and I'm hoping for feedback before I hot the lhbs.

I have a Scottish ale recipe I'm going to modify to a pumpkin spiced ale...Scottish Samhain Pumpkin Ale. Samhain is a Celtic version of Halloween and is pronounced "sow in". If I hit all my numbers, it should be about 6.5 ABV, IBU 30.47 and 19.58 SRM. If it turns out well, I'll give credit to the base recipe creator and hope he doesn't hate me for doing this! If it sucks, I won't associate him with my mistake.

I'll be brewing my first all grain recipe this weekend...assuming I can finish putting together my mash tun. After repeated trips to the hardware store, I almost think it would have been easier to plunk down the extra money and just get a pre-made one.

But assuming I can finish it tonight, I'll be brewing a pumpkin ale tomorrow. But it'll be an adventure for sure doing a mash for the first time and hoping my stove can handle a full boil.

I'm planning on brewing a wet-hop pale ale this weekend, using the last few cascade bines that haven't been picked yet.

Woohoo!

I'll be making my first stout (and third ever batch of beer) tomorrow :) It'll be John Palmer's Mill Run extract recipe, but with a couple of hops substitutions (because the website I ordered from was out of the hops he said to use) and Munich LME instead of Pilsen (because I clicked the wrong extract when I ordered.... heh)

Looking forward to it! :D

I'm brewing Northern Brewer's Smashing Pumpkin Ale all grain kit with real pumpkin added to the mash...

I'll be making my first stout (and third ever batch of beer) tomorrow :) It'll be John Palmer's Mill Run extract recipe, but with a couple of hops substitutions (because the website I ordered from was out of the hops he said to use) and Munich LME instead of Pilsen (because I clicked the wrong extract when I ordered.... heh)

Looking forward to it! :D

Sqidpope, I would fit your carboy with a blow-off tube. the krausen from my first stout is still on the basement ceiling ... just as a reminder ... :mug ... ::rolleyes:

I'm brewing Northern Brewer's Smashing Pumpkin Ale all grain kit with real pumpkin added to the mash...

If the package arrives at my house today I'll be brewing the exact same thing. If not I'll be stuck decorating the nursery with my wife.

Sqidpope, I would fit your carboy with a blow-off tube. the krausen from my first stout is still on the basement ceiling ... just as a reminder ... :mug ... ::rolleyes:

Sadly, all I've got is the Mr Beer fermenter that SWMBO gave me for my birthday; I guess I'll lay down some plastic to catch any mess! :D

Planning a Weizenbock and then American Wheat parti-gyle. 10g tomorrow. Also have a week off work so I think it's time to bottle up the barleywine, and whip up a couple more batches over the next week. Possibly squeeze in time to do my taxes as well.

Picked up all the ingredients for my Scottish Samhain Pumpkin Ale today...I hope I can get it done on Sunday. Too much going on tomorrow.

If time allows I plan on brewing a Scottish Ale. Got to finish wiring my temp controller first though.

Brewed a saison today and will try sneaking in a milk stout tomorrow. Not sure if I'll have the time though.

Brewed a Bourbon Barrel Porter for the cool nights coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You were not kidding! I pitched a starter made from dry Windsor yeast into the wort around 5 PM yesterday; checked on it around 11 PM and the krausen was creeping out of the edges of the lid. I guess the little critters are very happy in their new home!

Back