First all-grain success, need help tweaking equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misterVT

Reaction score
I brewed a West Coast Pale Ale using my converted cooler and consider it a success since I reached the right volume and gravity and it's fermenting away.

In addition to using the converted cooler for the first time, I used my new CFC, which worked wonders. Other than dealing with a frozen hose, I had a hard time keeping the line connected from the CFC to the spigot of the brewpot. The spigot came with a Eurotanks 30L pot I received as a gift.

The spigot looks a lot like this: http://www.northernbrewer.com/pics/fullsize/italian-kettle-9-gal.jpg

Is this a ball lock spigot??

I also think I used the wrong line. It has stainless steel braid but I think it's a high pressure line. It got pretty soft and wouldn't hold on the spigot unless I kept pressure on it. Ouch, hot!

What would you recommend I use to connect to the spigot so I can let it do it's thing?

Looks like a ball type spigot

I'd recommend using TPR (themo plastic rubber) hose to connect to your CFC

Back