Yes another Keezer Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCB451

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have read and looked at a ton of different keezer projects on the forum here and want to thank everyone that has done one before for giving me all of the ideas and confidence to go with on this undertaking.

I have been collecting all of the hardware needed for the build and have now decided to get the work done.

I am going with Hickory for the wood and a black granite tile on the top.

Here is the hickory I got for the project.
28fad730.jpg

I started with the base, and then added the wheels and 7 70mm computer fans. Hope that will move enough air to cool the freezer.
c0358304.jpg

After that I started on the collar and the painted the inside of the collar with an anti mildew paint so I do not get any mold on the inside from condensation.
26d64c90.jpg

cc4f9aed.jpg

While I let the paint dry I started ripping the boards to width.

Not too bad for the first day on the new project.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've moved on to refrigerators from my keezer.. I do like their capacities but lifting in the kegs and fermenters to me did not out way the storage...
I was wondering how the fans are going to work.. Doesn't it pull air from the side? This is first I've seen of these..

Airdog the fans are going to move air around the sides of the freezer, because when I surround the freezer with wood there is not going to be enough airflow to keep the freezer cool enough without the fans.

Got some more work done in the last couple of days.

Last night I got the lid attached back onto the freezer.
06929f71.jpg

Then I added some weatherstripping for the seal on the lid. I was only able the find 1-1/4" wide so I put two rows of it on the edges of the lid.
4ab63d4f.jpg

I then routed out a trough for the drip tray to go into so it will be flush with the tile on the top.
b479792a.jpg

After that I started on building the coffin box for the taps to go into.
06d31113.jpg

I then painted the inside of the coffin box and the lid where the coffin will sit to protect the wood against any condensation that might happen to get in there.
9318218e.jpg

Tonight I ripped all of the wood for the stiles and rails.
6628429f.jpg

427b2e7e.jpg

Then I attached the coffin box to the lid piece of plywood, and attached the top plywood to the lid of the freezer.
6c25f42d.jpg

f1fa23db.jpg

Need some sleep.

Gotcha! I see I guess I didn't read about the part that it was going to be full enclosed. Project is looking good.

I'm thinking that I need some sort of fan(s) in my build. I finished the project last weekend, and am having some foaming issues. I THINK that it is due to the temp difference inside the keezer. I have 10' of 3/16" line, serving at 8-9 psi, temp at 40F (differential of +3F). My sensor is at towards the bottom. I put a thermometer on top of one of the kegs and the lowest it got was 55F.

CCB, have you started up the keezer yet to see how your fan setup is working?

Sazerac, I have started up the keezer. The fans do a great job of moving air past the outside. I plan to put two fans into the coffin box. What style of keezer is yours? Collar or coffin? I have heard of issues with foaming when a coffin box is getting warm. Good luck with the foam issue, let me know when you resolve it. I am very intrigued as to what the issue is for you.

Latest posts

Back