Kegging question.....duh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fortunete11er

Reaction score
Hey all, got a quick question.

I'm getting ready to throw my beer into a keg, this is new to me, i'm a bottler.

All the information I can find is based on short term quick carbonation or when the keg is cold.

I want to put the beer into a keg at room temperature and let it condition in the keg for 30 days. What is a good pressure to use and wait, numbers I am getting are all over the board. the chart shows 30PSI but I'm sure that is for 5-7 days. Thanks

I second that. No need to worry about short methods of carbing if you have that much time.

And 30 psi is usually for 24-36 hours, depending on initial temp into the kegerator.

Hey all, got a quick question.

I'm getting ready to throw my beer into a keg, this is new to me, i'm a bottler.

All the information I can find is based on short term quick carbonation or when the keg is cold.

I want to put the beer into a keg at room temperature and let it condition in the keg for 30 days. What is a good pressure to use and wait, numbers I am getting are all over the board. the chart shows 30PSI but I'm sure that is for 5-7 days. Thanks
Since it'll be at room temperature anyway, another option is to save CO2 and just prime the keg with 2.5 - 3.0 oz of corn sugar and let it self carbonate. Just give the keg a shot of CO2 to set the seals and let it rest. You might have to dump the first 1/2 pint due to yeast, but it'll scavenge any oxygen in your keg and pre-carbonate for you.
:mug:

Since it'll be at room temperature anyway, another option is to save CO2 and just prime the keg with 2.5 - 3.0 oz of corn sugar and let it self carbonate. Just give the keg a shot of CO2 to set the seals and let it rest. You might have to dump the first 1/2 pint due to yeast, but it'll scavenge any oxygen in your keg and pre-carbonate for you.
:mug:

If the OP decides to go this route, once you have the keg in the serving location, and have cleared out the trub, NEVER move the keg again, otherwise you will pour mud for a while until things settle back down.

I have this problem when I don't transfer to a new keg after the beer has cleared in the walk-in. If I even bump the keg or shift its position sometimes, the beer will come out of the faucet like mud for a while.

Latest posts

Back