Spaced my cider for 5 weeks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobrew

Reaction score
OK Please don't ask how..
I went to get my other primary bucket out and totaly spaced I had cider in it. I pitched the yeast Nov. 2nd.After a couple weeks the gravity was at 1.020 the OG was 1.060 so I put it in the basement and was going to rack it to the secondary well got busy and spaced it. Just found it and took a reading and it was 1.002 tasted good a lttle dryer than wanted.
I want to bottle it. Can I just rack it to the bottling bucket add some priming sugar and bottle it? Or should I rack it to a secondary and let age some more?
Any thoughts???
ToBrew

If it's clear, and the SG isn't changing, then it can be bottled whenever you'd like.

If it's not clear yet, or the SG is still dropping a bit, then I'd rack to a secondary.

Yoop
its very clear.
Is there a way I cna add a little apple flavor bak to it?

I have heard of back sweetening with concentrate apple juice. I havent done it myself. Just make sure there is some sort of perservative in so it wont start fermenting again.

Good idea with the preservatives, but he did mention that he wanted to prime the batch, and that would prevent it.

Hopefully, sitting on the lees that long didn't mess it up. It might have off flavors, but I wouldn't toss it.

Back