RDWHAHB or be concerned a little?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfguy819

Reaction score
I've had a blonde ale in the primary for 10 days and decided to take a hydro sample. I popped the lid off my bucket and removed the airlock and got my sample. I put the lid back on and went to put the airlock back in and the bung came out and into the bucket! I've had this happen before pitching yeast, but never after fermentation was complete. I actually had another airlock that I modified for blowoff and stuck the other end of the hose through the bung hole (haha, no pun intended), but couldn't get the airlock off the other end. So, I put a mixture of water and vodka in the jar I use for blowoff and sealed it up. I'm thinking I should be good on that front, but should I be concerned at all about the bung now sitting on the yeast cake at the bottom? FWIW, the FG was 1.006 after starting off at 1.052 and is actually going into a keg on Thursday.

Thanks guys, its always nice to have some reassurance.
Will do Revvy. The hydro sample turned out great. Even got the wife to sample it and even she liked it.

You'll more than likely be fine, we all done something like that or much much worse and the beer turned out fine. Just leave it in like Benji said, and go read these stories instead.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/wh...where-your-beer-still-turned-out-great-96780/

And then when the beer turns out fine add your story inn a few weeks. :mug:

I am so glad I am not the only one that stuck his hand in the mash tun to fix the braid. I had gloves on but the gloves did not do much when the water started flowing into it.

I dropped my therm in the mash for my pumpkin ale while checking the temp after the first sparge. Not thinking and being a idiot, I stuck my hand in and went diving. The wife got a pretty good kick out of it after she realized I was ok.

HAHA has this turned into a SWMBO thread?Real Dry Wheat Has Astringent Habits in Beer.

It really has been a long time since we have had a real "what does *** mean?" thread... In fact was it you weirdboy who started a "fake" swambo thread just so we could play????

Rob, Does Working Hard Really Have Benefits?

Latest posts

Back