Love temp controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpinachio

Reaction score
Plan on building a keezer soon, just got all my equip in from keg connection. Now all I have to do is purchase a chest freezer. Now to my ques. Does a love temp controller work the same as a johnson controller? The johnson controller im talking about is the one that plugs in the wall then the freezer plugs in it. Is the difference that the love is wired directly to the freezer and the johnson is not?

I think either one could be directly wired into the freezer. I have a Love but never used a Johnson Controls. The Love requires that it be chassis mounted into something, either a box or the keezer wall. The Love controllers are very programmable, I have yet to mount mine, but I love the versatility of it.

Thanks kaz, yeah I've seen where people mount the love display in the collars of their chest freezers. Its looks really clean that way. Thanks again!!

I didn't care to have my LOVE controller at 'bling' level, so I mounted it in the compressor hump. It was very easy, just cut a rectangle in the vent cover with a dremmel tool. That way, all the cords are contained in the hump and the only cord thats inside the keezer is the probe. I'm definitely liking the extra space in the keezer and not having to build an insulated box for it.

Latest posts

Back