Any interest? 3/4 inch 3 piece 304 SS Ball valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucasszy

Reaction score
Wanted to reach out and see if anyone on the forum would be interested in buying, in bulk, 3 piece ball valves in 304 SS. I have access to a large quantity that I am having made for myself, and could pass on a decent deal.

What kind of prices would everyone go for? Since I would have about 200 extra units to sell?

Cheers

Lucas

Am I missing something? Why would you have them made?

I guess the clarification is that is more of a bulk buy, then having them made. The only thing custom is that I may have the rubber on the handle branded. Nothing big, just my own name.

So to clarify, this would be more of a group buy.

Cheers

lucas

So I guess, my main questions is, what would be a good price to pay, since I may back out if its not that great.

mcmaster sells them for about 45 each, so what would be a good price for everyone to jump on board with me?

Cheers

Lucas

Group buys don't go over to well unless your a paying member.

And why 3/4" valves?

I'm going to have some 1/2", 3-piece valves, 316 stainless for sale at something like $22 each as a general reference. If you really need 3/4", you might be willing to pay a bit more.

Can't you just buy a custom handle boot and slip it onto any valve?

Since Im gettting these strainght from the manufacturer, they are willing to do it all, I just need to buy bulk. Like I said, I only want to know what would be a price that everyone considers to be good.

Cheers

Lucas

Since Im gettting these strainght from the manufacturer, they are willing to do it all, I just need to buy bulk. Like I said, I only want to know what would be a price that everyone considers to be good.

Cheers

Lucas
But you say you don't need nearly the amount of there minimum order, so what's the point? Just buy what you need at retail and put custom handle covers on them. I know it sounds like you'll be getting a better price, but the time spent with the "group buy" and shipping and people flaking out on you, you'll probably end up losing out in the long run.

Cheers

Lucas

Kinda starting to sound like you are looking to make some money here... Why don't you post how much you were quoted and see if anyone is interested at the quoted price?

Kinda starting to sound like you are looking to make some money here... Why don't you post how much you were quoted and see if anyone is interested at the quoted price?

Kinda what most people do. I was quoted 18 each, so with shipping to each and every person, there wouldnt be much to make.

If i decide to go through with it, I'll post and let everyone know what the final price is.

Chees

Lucas

Kinda what most people do. I was quoted 18 each, so with shipping to each and every person, there wouldnt be much to make.

If i decide to go through with it, I'll post and let everyone know what the final price is.

Chees

Lucas

Hmmm... the group buys I have been involved with here do not involve profit for anyone but the vendor. They have been for the benefit of the entire community.

Don't get me wrong... if you are out to make money and it happens to work out for the members that's great. But you might want to register as a vendor or move this to the classifieds?

Back