Canned Apricots vs. Frozen Peaches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65chevy11

Reaction score
I just got done using eleven cans of canned apricots (in light syrup and no preservatives) for an apricot lager for a 5 gallon batch and wanted to know if anyone on here has used canned apricots or frozen peaches with good results. In the future i was thinking on using frozen peaches since you can get them frozen and cheap vs. the apricot purees or canned apricots. The peaches I was thinking around 2.0 to 2.4 pounds per gallon. Anyone have good results with these fruits and which fruit was better for ya.

:rockin:

Never done it myself as several books (Radical Brewing comes to mind) state that peaches are pretty much a waste of time. Apricots are more expensive, but the experts say they give vastly better results.

Thanx for the advice, I think i might get some more cans next time when maybe there on sale and see how it turns out. I'll see how it turns out in a couple of weeks and go from there.

Back