Piña colada Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StefanM47

Reaction score
Hey ya'll, want some constructive input on something that I'm making up. This is definitely a shot in the dark. So any insight I can get would be appreciated.

3 Gallon Batch

Ingredients:

1.5 Gallons of Pineapple concentrate
.75 Gallons of Apple concentrate
.25 Gallons of Cream of coconut

Safale US-04 yeast

6oz toasted flaked coconut in secondary
2oz lactose in secondary
.25 gal sweet pineapple concentrate in secondary

Reasoning:
From what I've read, Pineapple yields a very sour/bitter tasting cider. So I've decided to put in only 1.5 gal of the 3 gal batch. I've added .75 gal of apple concentrate as a yeast nutrient and also to add sweetness. I've added cream of coconut only for flavor. Also, cream of coconut is a main ingredient in all Pina Colada's. Cream of coconut has little to no ferment-able sugar.
As for the yeast, I've read over and over again that using an ale yeast for cider yields a much fuller and sweeter taste.
Secondary: I plan on adding flaked coconut again for flavor, Lactose to improve taste, and .25 gal of sweetened pineapple concentrate to regain some pineapple flavor.

Please give me any input or insight that you have. Thanks!

- Stefan

If you read this and have some sort of input, please, I need all the help I can get!

Back