Who's brewing this weekend (Feb. 16-18)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evan! said:
... Is there a 12-step program for homebrewing?...all I can think about is...brewing more? Someone help me.

12 Steps Of Brewing

Step 1 - Admitted that you love homebrewing and your recipes and brewing process are both managable.

Step 2 - Came to believe there is a brewer greater than yourself, and strive to out brew them.

Step 3 - Made a decision to brew when you can, and have faith that your significant other understands.

Step 4 - Made a searching brewing inventory and will make that trip to the LHBS if needed.

Step 5 - Admitted to God, yourself, and other human beings, that your homebrew ROCKS!

Step 6 - Were entirely ready to brew at a moments notice, since you can cold pitch your starters, which line the top shelf of your fridge.

Step 7 - Humbly asked for decent weather in which to brew, but if all else fails, the kitchen stove will do.

Step 8 - Made a list of all excuses used to call in sick at work in order to brew, and promise to not use the same one twice.

Step 9 - Made direct amends to your boss by bringing him a sixer of your best homebrew. (Damn it, now he's hooked)

Step 10 - Continues to take brewing inventory, and found out you still have all the ingredients you need to brew today.

Step 11 - Sought through books and professional brewing education to improve your homebrewing process, and make the best homebrew you can.

Step 12 - Having had a brewing awakening as a result of these steps, tried to carry the techniques and recipes to other homebrewers, and practice these principles in all your brew sessions.

Sounds like you are normal Evan!

Get Your Brew On and I brewed our Imperial Stout this weekend. Pitched on top of the yeast cake of our Double IPA. It was roaring away within an hour of pitching. I threw 2 oz. of Stavin MT French Oak Cubes in the secondary of the IIPA. 2oz. of Bourbon soaked oak cubes are destined for the secondary of the stout.

Back