FINALLY--- belgian in bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa-in-utah

Reaction score
Bottled my first batch of brew yeaterday. Had 2 friends helping and it went very smooth. I put a post out for bottling tips and FlyGuy gave me the hookup!!! Here is the info--

The best thing I ever did was add a plastic spigot (tap) to my 7 gallon pail to make a 'bottling bucket'. I inserted the bottle filler (wand) right into the tap (it seals remarkably well). Then I put the bottling bucket up on the counter on top of a milk crate. It is the perfect height to stand, fill bottles, then place them on the counter top beside me.

The spigot-wand combination works better than either device alone. To bottle, just insert the wand into the bottle, then gently open the tap. You can precisely adjust the flow of the beer into the bottle to avoid aeration, and the wand shuts off automatically when you pull the bottle out so that you don't spill anything. Even if the little valve at the end gets stuck open, all that you lose is the beer inside the wand because the tap is shut off

After bottling we brewed batch number 2!!! :rockin:

will do muncher. It tasted really good yesterday. I am sure it will turn out just fine. My buddies tasted it and they were impressed, and the one friend doesn't normally drink beer!!!! Guess I did good for my first try.

It will be a long 3 weeks.... Thats for sure

:mug:

Cheers. Waiting is tough. Pick up a couple 6-packs so you won't be tempted to break into them too early.

If you have a dishwasher, try putting a hose between the wand and the tap. Then sit your bottles in the top rack of the dishwasher. You can line up a whole bunch of bottles and almost all spills go straight into the dishwasher.

Back