Perlick 425 v 525 Faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kriznac

Reaction score
I have decided to finally build a kegerator and have been shopping around for parts. From what I've read about faucets the Perlicks are where its at, but what I'm not sure of is the difference between the 425's and the 525's. And what about the creamer function on some is this a cool feature or more of a novelty?

The biggest difference is that the 525's have fewer parts so they are cheaper. The only reason you might consider spending a bit more on the 425 is that the spout screws off which makes it easy to attach a line to bottle straight from the tap.

The creamer function on the 575 is a cool feature if you are pouring stouts with beer gas, but otherwise useless.

The 425's seem a little bit better quality to me over the 525's... I would highly recommend using any of the perlicks over the standard faucets.... No sticking!

I was liking the looks of the 425's better as well. The fridge is being delivered by a friend Friday so now I have to try to get all equipment together in the next couple days so I can get it together. Also, are there any small parts that a kegging newb such as myself would likely forget/not know to buy?

Just so you know you can fill growlers from the 525s too. Just push the tube right onto the tap. Pretty sure the tube fits into a bottle too but I've never had the need.

I have all Perlick 575s (creamer versions of 525s). I love the creamer function. Its great to be able to put a picture perfect head on the beer everytime which the creamer faucet allows you to do. I don't consider them a novelty at all and definitely worth the extra $4 or whatever in my opinion.

Back