Reusable Beer Labels ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfgod04

Reaction score
I like the plain ones on garagemonk but at the price of 65cents each, that adds up fast. I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheaper reusable beer label that I can just write on with dry erase marker? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the plain ones on garagemonk but at the price of 65cents each, that adds up fast. I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheaper reusable beer label that I can just write on with dry erase marker? Thanks in advance.

My Vote is BeerClings.com

$5 for sheet of 12. We are not a sticker so our labels are truly resuable. Pull it off to wash your bottles and slap it right back on. Also, you can use dry erase markers on our product but then it comes off on your hand when handling the beer. We found a grease pen to be a better solution. A grease pen will only work on our labels due to the silicon/rubbery nature of them. You write on it gently but moisture or basic handling does not make it come off. However take a paper towel and apply a little pressure and it wipes right off. We sell them on our site.

Would love for you to check us out. We just added like 30 new designs to our design studio and we now offer Neckers ! All our labels are writable.

Give us a shot!

While I appreciate your response, 12 labels for $5 is still too much money. That makes any home brew batch cost an extra $20+ dollars. Im sorry but thats just not feasible.

Although not very reliable as re-usability goes. The extremely low per label cost justifies one-time-use. They are also very customizable and easy to use.

Masking-Tape-Sharpie-515x386.jpg

I crunched the numbers, tape will cost you about $.002 per label. If my math is right, if you reuse the sheet of 12 from beer clings 225 times they will be the same price!! Ha Ha, just kidding around, I can't touch masking tape.

I used to use round stickers on the bottle caps before I started beerclings. Very easy, and very cheap.

I either mark the caps, or use these on the bottles:

316XCSS36vL.jpg

Doesn't wash off or dissolve in normal use, and wipes right off with an alcohol pad/swab. If you're just looking for something basic to write beer name and brew date or whatever, can't beat it.

I enjoy designing labels for my beers, print them at home, cut the paper, on the bottle with a glue stick or whatever adhesive you like. Not reusable, but they come off pretty easy and look fairly nice. I like the idea of the reusable cling labels very much. :)

I just use a permanent marker on the cap. And for beers I give a way, I use plain white or scalloped-edge adhesive name badges.

You could start purchasing garagemonks naked labels for 45 cents each. Or like he said earlier beerclings for 41.6 cents each. Both are cheaper options. But nice reusable labels are going to cost a bit more regardless of where you go.

currently you're spending ~$32.50 for a 5gallon batch (50 bottles)
garagemonk naked labels are $22.50
beerclings labels are $20.80

Either of those options are saving you ten dollars.

i found a different pen than a sharpie. the ink show's up great, doesn't run, is water proof and removable with alcohol, only way it comes off

This wouldn't work with dry-erase markers but it may give you an idea.

I use small wooden tags that I've sanded smooth enough to be written on with pencil. I can erase, and write again. After a few times, just sand it a bit, and good to go again.

WMQumitl.jpg

zDQaB4Cl.jpg

SWMBO suggested blackboard paint and chalk, but that was more effort than I wanted to do. You could probably get the dry-erase board paint though.

My Vote is BeerClings.com

$5 for sheet of 12. We are not a sticker so our labels are truly resuable. Pull it off to wash your bottles and slap it right back on. Also, you can use dry erase markers on our product but then it comes off on your hand when handling the beer. We found a grease pen to be a better solution. A grease pen will only work on our labels due to the silicon/rubbery nature of them. You write on it gently but moisture or basic handling does not make it come off. However take a paper towel and apply a little pressure and it wipes right off. We sell them on our site.

Would love for you to check us out. We just added like 30 new designs to our design studio and we now offer Neckers ! All our labels are writable.

Give us a shot!

I'll second this. I ordered two cases worth of labels for my Chocolate Milk Stout. The labels were brilliant! Well made, adhered well, professional looking and arrived on time. The customer support and response was beyond what I was hoping for and the pricing is really outstanding.

If you want to have a professional looking and re-usable label for your beers...you really should consider using Beer Clings. I'll be ordering more for my Bacon Maple Red that's going into the carboy this weekend!

When it's just for me I use the round stickers on the caps. When I want to give something a bit fancier away I print a label out on regular cheap printer paper. Cut them to size and glue on the bottle by coating the back of the label with milk. They stay on quite well under normal storage and refrigeration but slide right off after a quick soak. Not reusable... but cheap and pretty decent looking.

Back