Understanding limits/safety of STC-1000 Build?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardrain

Reaction score
Hi all, so first time electrical project worker here. I've done a lot of research, have safely been testing along the way, ect., but would love a check on my understanding of the limits of a collection of pieces.

My build is (linking the amazon links I purchased from, quoting what I think is relevant info if I could find it):

Inkbird (can't find any specs)

Outlet: "Rated for 15A and 125V"

Power cable: "16/3 AWG, 13-Amp 1625-Watt"

Wired with 16 AWG, stranded. (standard from home depot): I'm seeing "22 amps in Chassis wiring" but I'm not sure specifically what that means.

I wired very similar to this diagram.

I've been using it in my fermentation chamber/old wine chiller rated "1.6 amps, 105wat" and a keezer rated "5 amps".

Main reason I'm asking is that I'm building one for a friend, and just want to make sure I'm handing off something that's sound for homebrewing uses. Anyone with knowledge able to help me give him specific usage guidelines for this collection of parts, or notice anything that I should be changing? Thanks!

The STC1000, as a unit, is rated in its documentation at 10amps. The Inkbird link you posted has the same spec listed. Even though the rating of its internal relay is 15amps, it is accepted that there may be overriding limitations of other components such as the current capacity of the board traces.

The current capacity of the build will be governed by the lowest rated component.

Of primary concern for your friend is that he understand this limitation and not attempt to use it for something like a heat stick rated over 1000w.

Back