Proven Home Brewing Things that Make SWMBO Really Mad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
70- Remove the aerator from the bathroom faucet for IC and neglect to put it back on. A few hours later they go to the bathroom and get sprayed all over with water when they use the faucet.

I was bottling last week and was in the middle of siphoning from my fermenter to my bottling bucket and SWMBO saw my hands completely tied up and the top of my boxers hanging out and decided to give me a wedgie! Grrrr!!!! WTF? There is not much worse for sanitation than having to adjust your underwear in the middle of siphoning. Then a little while later she decided to start picking up sanitized bottles with her dirty hands just to look at them like as if she had never seen an empty beer bottle before. Grrr!!!! She will learn!

70. Leave a tap handle cracked open all night so that 4+ gallons of beer drains out all over the floor and soaks the oriental rug...twice.

Come to think of it, that pisses me off too, though probably for different reasons.

72. Make hubby cap the bottles and freak out every time he drops a cop that he can't use it (like he hasn't figured it out already)

73. Micro-manage hubby cleaning and sanitizing the bottles, which he is only doing since you complain he never helps out

74. Brew more of the beer you like than the beer he likes, even though he drinks more beer than you do...

If you drink a bucket of beer, you might have a hard time remembering to put the bucket back and are more likely to leave the tap open...

Immediately alternate buckets and then suffer through more of your failure if you the problem persists.

It probably won't, but I'd prefer to not have any unnecessary touching from dirty hands, especially around the neck and rim of the bottles.

Sanitation Nazi!!! :D

Turn the wintertime heat in the house down to 64 degrees F - "So the homebrew won't have off flavors and fusels" when you are too cheap / to poor on space to build a fermentation chamber. :drunk:

Turn the wintertime heat in the house down to 64 degrees F - "So the homebrew won't have off flavors and fusels" when you are too cheap / to poor on space to build a fermentation chamber. :drunk:

Don't sweat it man, I keep it at 60 - 62 in the house because i don't want to pay for the excess heat....That money already went right into the fermentation chamber :)

Don't sweat it man, I keep it at 60 - 62 in the house because i don't want to pay for the excess heat....That money already went right into the fermentation chamber :)

Thats not a bad idea - but the real issue is that to hit ~64 I occasionally have to run the AC in winter...

75.) Doing a starter with DME and stinking up the house when it boils. SWMBO HATES that smell with a passion. Especially before I started using larger flasks and had some boil overs. DME + electric burners = pissed SWMBO.

Let's see... I have done these:

#20 SWMBO quickly learns that you're not inviting her to homebrew club meetings for the privileged of her company so much as her valid license and low blood alcohol content.

#21 Spending too much time on HBT

I've done these and while #20 doesn't make her blow her top, it can make her boil up enough to where coupling with #21 would send the pyroclastic flow coming straight from her mouth.

And yeah, I have done both. Marriage is really all about the fine art of saying you're sorry all of the time.

76. Leaving the fermenting bucket in the middle of the kitchen so you can watch the airlock bubble. +1 for reminding them how quickly the bubbles started.

77. Yelling across the house, telling SWMBO to come sniff the airlock.

#78 after the second to last child moves out of the house, fill up the boys bedroom with new brewery stuff and refuse to let anyone sleep in that room again.

#79 buy a new (used) refrigerator everytime a friend wants to get rid of their old ones or they are just sitting by the side of the road. also becoming real good friends with the guy that owns the used appliance store near you.

#80 running 4 full size fridges all the time and causing your electric bill to stay in the mid $300's to $400 Every Month because of you brewing.

"#80 running 4 full size fridges all the time and causing your electric bill to stay in the mid $300's to $400 Every Month because of you brewing"

True but think of all the money you are saving by brewing your own beer. :cross:

Tell her that when you are done brewing the kitchen will be cleaner than it was when you started...

That's one of the few things SWMBO likes about me brewing beer! Since I do actually make it cleaner than when I started (can't brew around a mountain of dishes!)

81) After drinking one night and she is asleep ordering brew kits and equipment online exceeding your 2 month budget for hobbies in one night and not remembering it until she checks why the account is low :(

82) Leave your new 2l flask in the middle of the table and insist that "it is a "decorative centerpiece. No, you can't move it."

83) When SWMBO leaves town, order a used whiskey barrel, have it delivered while she is out of town, place it on the dining room table to admire it for all its glory, forget about it, and have SWMBO see it on the precious table.

84) Buy her a new 'fridge because the "old one" would be a kick @ss beer fridge for the garage.

BTW: she was thrilled!

Have to agree with the nightly bottle bombs scaring the dog into jumping onto the bed crushing the body parts while sleeping:(

Have to agree with the nightly bottle bombs scaring the dog into jumping onto the bed crushing the body parts while sleeping:(

OMG that is too funny. I just watched Paranormal Activity last night and started laugh at the thought of a horror movie where the actual "spirit" is beer bombs blowing up.

SWMBO has force me to sleep on the couch many nights because of this one

I purposely drink homebrew (or any beer) in an effort to build up as much gas as possible and then I continue to chase SWMBO around the house to fart on her. Shlt is so cash. She's taken after me and tries to do the same to me when she can. We're awesome :cool:.

86) do stove top all grain with 3 stock pots in the winter and the condensation makes it rain from the ceiling.
had to repaint the ceiling!
benefit- got a turkey frier set up without any hassle

Back