Anyone buy from Beverage Factory?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millhouse9

Reaction score
Im thinking about purchasing a keg conversion kit from Beverage Factory. Any good or bad experiences with this company?

My wife purchased my 2 tap kit with kegs and I purchased a 4 pack of ball lock kegs, we had a great experience with both purchases and I would give them my business again.

I bought both of my SS Perlick 525's and stainless shanks from them...getting ready to order a 3rd faucet soon. Will buy from them again...good price on a combo (faucet and shank).

I Have ordered from them twice now and have no complaints. I got one of there conversion kits many years ago and still using it to this day.

I bought my kegerator, wort chiller, and Perlick flow controls from. All my purchases went smooth.

When I purchased my kegerator from them, I called because I had a product question. After they answered they asked if there was anything "wrong" with it. There was a very small dent on the side that I was not even going to mention it, but did since they asked, i told them about it. They sent me a $25 gift card.

I plan on ordering my replacement lines from them soon.

Forgot to say this...if i buy the 2 kegs without i will purchase used ones locally for $50 a piece. Are new kegs worth it?

millhouse9 said:
Forgot to say this...if i buy the 2 kegs without i will purchase used ones locally for $50 a piece. Are new kegs worth it?

I only have used but if the used ones are in good condition and cleaned well, I don't see an advantage to buying new.

I also vote for the old kegs. Btw, you may want to look at the perlick 525SS taps instead of the cheapo ones that the kits have. And stainless shanks too. My chrome shanks lost all the chrome exposed to beer in less than 2 years.

There is a Beverage Factory just about 12 min from my work here in San Diego; I've bought a 5lb CO2 bottle, dual gauge reg, lines, 3gal keg, coffee maker, and a few other things. I've had pretty good luck, but then again I call my order in and then drive to go pick up and bam, no problems.

I called and they said it would be $60 to upgrade to SS. I agreed and then the guy informed me that my shipment was already on the truck to be shipped out. Bummer. Guess I'll just stick with chrome for a year or two. Hopefully they last.

I used a new user coupon that got my like 10 percent off and they rotate between 20% off kegging and 20% wine supplies like every week. I got a 5lbs CO2 tank, a sanke/corny conversion line kit and a regulator for like $120? The tank was 50 some, the regulator was 45 and the rest was the line kit and shipping/tax.

I've read on here that their shipping practices are terrible and I agree. My thin cardboard box came from San Diego to Los Angeles in 1 day and it was scratched open. After an inventory and quick check, everything was in order. Just double check your stuff. I would recommend them again. I'll probably place an order the next time I'm down there and pick it up in person.

I have a small issue with them. They are selling a certain kegerator that's a scratch n' dent deal. Pretty good price. BUT, they tack on an additional $26 for the shipping ($99 to $125). It's the SAME shipping, from the SAME place. That's a pretty shady way to recoup money they claim they are saving you, IMO.

I had ordered my two tap kegorator from them with no problem, should have gotten both connect d lock due to ball locks are cheap( so I lost out on a little on that) recently they had ball lock kegs on sale so I purchased two and then they told said they were back ordered. Took almost a month to receive. Why were they in sale then back ordered?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've been using Ritebrew lately, and their prices seem to be under or equal to their competitors. Plus they're in Wisconsin, and I'm in Illinois, so I receive my parts in 2 days or less. If their items are out of stock, then I'll poke around the internet/ebay...

Beverage factory seems reasonable... until you factor in their shipping. Unfortunately, that's the case for most internet sales. Easy internet price comparison is probably the main cause for this deceptive practice.

Lots of kegging equipment can be found for a great price on craigslist, if you're patient.

I've read on here that their shipping practices are terrible and I agree.
The guy who delivered my kegerator showed me the sheet with instructions from the company that insisted, "DO NOT ASK CUSTOMER FOR HELP." And apparently the $99 shipping does not actually include the use of a lift-gate for delivery.

It's pretty silly to think that one guy would be able to lift the entire kegerator setup down from the truck without a liftgate and without help. But really, that's a problem between beverage factory and the shipper. In the end, I got my kegerator delivered for $99.

Love it, though I found I had a bad regulator (which seems to be somewhat common). After diagnosing it, they're shipping me a replacement for free. So -1 for a broken part, but +2 for great service.

I just went through their customer service after discovering that the Kegerator I purchased was not the one shown in some of the photos on their website. They claimed I should've gone exclusively by the spec sheet which doesn't necessarily describe what I'm buying.

So when it came to a refund, they wanted me to take the shipment, get a refund request started, then pay for the shipping company to come back and pick it up.

I told them no, I was misled so I'm not taking ownership of the Kegerator. They still insisted they would deduct shipping even if I refused to take the shipment.

As dumb as this sounds on my end, when you put pictures up on a product webpage, it should match what you're purchasing.

Since it did not, I had to open a dispute with the credit company because this is clearly their fault. It essentially amounts to false advertising or product misrepresentation.

http://www.beveragefactory.com/refrigerators/beer/kegco_K199ss_cabinetonly.shtml

At the risk of outing myself as an idiot, this is the product I ordered. I looked at the middle picture which is a different model and I didn't realize it until later. Because I previously had a 3 keg unit I could tell from that picture the kegerator could fit 3 kegs, in reality I was ordering a smaller product.

They still haven't fixed the page. To clarify, I did eventually get a full refund.

http://www.beveragefactory.com/refrigerators/beer/kegco_K199ss_cabinetonly.shtml

At the risk of outing myself as an idiot, this is the product I ordered. I looked at the middle picture which is a different model and I didn't realize it until later. Because I previously had a 3 keg unit I could tell from that picture the kegerator could fit 3 kegs, in reality I was ordering a smaller product.

They still haven't fixed the page. To clarify, I did eventually get a full refund.

No, you're not an idiot. That middle picture showing the interior is implicitly the interior of the unit of which the front and back are shown in the adjacent pictures. Specifications are what they are, often incorrect, incomplete, or outdated.

It looks like they still haven't corrected that. Is it still showing the roomier interior of a different unit? If so, it's all on their turf and wallet.

I bought all of my Kegerator stuff from them this year.
Nothing but good experiences. Their customer support is top notch as well. They helped me figure out how to set up my kegerator the way I wanted without having to drill a bunch of holes in the fridge.

Oh and that fridge you ordered is the same one I have from them, but I got mine in black.
It will fit 3 kegs pretty easily. I currently have a 5g Keg of Soda Water and a 5G Carboy with a Lager, lagering.
It can almost fit another 5g Keg, but the door won't close all the way. So it is pretty roomy.

No, you're not an idiot. That middle picture showing the interior is implicitly the interior of the unit of which the front and back are shown in the adjacent pictures. Specifications are what they are, often incorrect, incomplete, or outdated.

It looks like they still haven't corrected that. Is it still showing the roomier interior of a different unit? If so, it's all on their turf and wallet.

+1 on that. I bought my 3-keg kegerator from them and that's definitely a picture of a 3-keg interior! You'd think they'd change that picture, although to give them some credit, their comparison chart does show that the cabinet will only hold 2 kegs.

+1 on that. I bought my 3-keg kegerator from them and that's definitely a picture of a 3-keg interior! You'd think they'd change that picture, although to give them some credit, their comparison chart does show that the cabinet will only hold 2 kegs.

It's still deceiving, or confusing at least.

In your case, since you have inside knowledge (pun intended!), the pictures tell a different story, and you may be very well expecting to get what you see.

Back in the days there was this electronics store window where a price tag from a higher shelf had landed on top of a receiver. It read $5. The customer went into the store and said to the owner: "I want to buy that receiver in your window, sounds like a good deal," while he leads him outside to show him. There was no other price attached to that receiver, except for the $5 tag laying on top...

Absolutely... the picture should be replaced. I'd be pi**ed too... the keg comparison chart isn't exactly right up front and center like the pictures.

Back