Partial Mash with only one brewpot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unfnole23

Reaction score
I am brewing my first partial mash today but only have one 22 quart brewpot. I have other 2 qt pots. Whats the best way to go about a partial mash with only one pot?

Grain bag? I'm using the DeathBrewer thread as a reference. Can I use a very small amount of water(the 4 quart pot) for the sparge since it gets mixed in anyway?

Do you have a small cooler? You could BIAB mash in the cooler while you heat your sparge water in your brew kettle. Then you could pick up your grain bag out of the cooler and dunk it in your brew kettle sparge water.

I don't completely understand the BIAB process. How about if I heated 2 4 quart pots with water and did the sparge in those two pots, dipping the grain in these pots at 170 degrees for 10 minutes and then returning the grain bag to the 5 gallon kettle and pouring the small pots of water over the grains?

Back