The Beer Gods Smile Upon Me...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Dean

Reaction score
Last week I cemented my decision to keg by purchasing a used 5 gallon Corney and some disconnects... This left the most expensive stuff till this week. Then life strikes and I end up spending my wonderful kegging money on a dentist... So I was all prepared to have my beer sit in secondary another week (Not a bad thing, I know, but for my first brew any delay is hell...)

Knowing I needed a regulator and a co2 tank (the most expensive parts) I've been scrounging around on Craigslist for those items. This morning at 11 am I saw on Craigs List (http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/hsh/417814350.html).

Sweet, a fridge already drilled, a tap that isn't made of plastic and a co2 tank... This is a score even if the tank is empty... I can swap it and go... :)

But once there, the deal got better... It's not JUST an empty tank... It's a partially full, almost new tank, with a dual regulator PLUS an older empty tank. The fridge, the shanks for the tap, TWO commercial beer handles, some beer mats, a Stainless Steel drip tray, extra hose clamps and the blue moon keg pictured there. :)

Total cost: $75 plus gas.

Kegging my first batch on time: Priceless

Yeah...that's nice.....the drip tray and tank alone cost more than what you paid!

Back