What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WesleyS said:
Are you having to shower because you rubbed fin's package all over yourself? ;)
giggety!!!

finsfan said:
I agree, its the GF's parents, quite gigantic! In the background is probably the biggest brick fireplace ive even seen! Hope you enjoy my package :D
It's massive. The fireplace.

Water. I was thirsty.

image-2340942340.jpg

Damn this keg...

Trying to kill 15 min IPA rooting for Tigers all night long...

Elixir Brew Co Get It India (get it in ya, geddit?)

ForumRunner_20131130_233736.png

Green Bullet, Nelson Sauvin and Wakatu. Made in Livingston, West Lothian.

It's very tasty.

Dave1096 said:
NO WAY!!! One of the best finishes to any game I've ever seen...ever.
Unfreaking believable...

Now we need Mizzou to win for an all Tiger SEC final..

More HB IPA...

Stupid, stupid state of Connecticut. No hunting on Sundays? Are you freaking kiddding me? Not much I can do about it, I suppose. Might as well get drunk since I don't have to get up early. A nice IPA Hello sent me. Right around average. Nothing to make it stand out, but a solid IPA that's quite drinkable. Thanks for sharing, Hello.

nukebrewer said:
Stupid, stupid state of Connecticut. No hunting on Sundays? Are you freaking kiddding me? Not much I can do about it, I suppose. Might as well get drunk since I don't have to get up early. A nice IPA Hello sent me. Right around average. Nothing to make it stand out, but a solid IPA that's quite drinkable. Thanks for sharing, Hello. http://www.flickr.com/photos/93961624@N06/11142958084
It's funny because everyone raves about it but I thought it was just there. Not bad and I'd buy again but I thought it was just me.

One from you ... Drunkin' Punkin'. Delicious as I expected! Care to share the recipe? What's the ABV on this?

image-3792517440.jpg

Billy-Klubb said:
my first. it has a great color & nice aroma. the taste reminds me a little of Lindeman's Kriek Lambic, but better. I'd buy it again.
I was just talking about that with a friend (no pic it didn't happen) that sheeeet made me a sour believer! What did you get rocked for that?

It's funny because everyone raves about it but I thought it was just there. Not bad and I'd buy again but I thought it was just me.

One from you ... Drunkin' Punkin'. Delicious as I expected! Care to share the recipe? What's the ABV on this?

Thanks! Don't mind at all. The ABV is 8.1% according to my readings, but the level of drunk I get off it makes it feel like more, haha. Now I am having your pumpkin ale and I must say, it's quite delicious. Very well balanced.

Drunkin Punkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale

5.5 gal
7 gal boil
75% Eff.
60 min mash
60 min boil
8.1% ABV
45 IBU
7.7 SRM
1.076 OG
1.014 FG

10 lbs Maris Otter
1 lbs C20
1 lb Flaked Oats
2 lbs Pumpkin Puree in mash

2 oz Nugget (12.8%) @ 60 min

1 lb Light Brown Sugar @ 10 min
1 lb Honey @ FO
3 tsp (or 1 Tbsp) Pumpkin Pie Spice @ FO

Ferment with S-04

Ursa Major Old Ale by Bluejacket.

This stuff just gets more and more impressive with age. In the 2+ months since I last had this it's melded together very nicely. The alcohol has really mellowed and allowed a little more sweetness to come through, which is really nice.

Good stuff Aaron!

IMG-20131130-00524 (2).jpg

Nuke, thank you. It was so good! I'm embarrassed about my pumpkin now.

Okay so Whatttt? I've had a hard time finding a vanilla porter that really showed the vanilla side of things. A lot of great porters are drank but still the vanilla eluded me. This is damn fantastic. Thank you so much finsfan! image-67289285.jpg

Ursa Major Old Ale by Bluejacket.

This stuff just gets more and more impressive with age. In the 2+ months since I last had this it's melded together very nicely. The alcohol has really mellowed and allowed a little more sweetness to come through, which is really nice.

Good stuff Aaron!

Thanks! I want to try it again myself, but I just noticed the other day that I am actually starting get a little low and I want to have quite a bit left when it hits a year old. So I'll be refraining from having another until maybe Christmas or so.

Nuke, thank you. It was so good! I'm embarrassed about my pumpkin now.

Why the hell are you embarrassed about your pumpkin? This is a damn fine beer and honestly, if I ordered this at a bar or restaurant I wouldn't bat an eye about whether it should be there or not. You don't give yourself enough credit. From what I've tried of your brews, you're a damn fine brewer. :)

nukebrewer said:
Stupid, stupid state of Connecticut. No hunting on Sundays? Are you freaking kiddding me? Not much I can do about it, I suppose. Might as well get drunk since I don't have to get up early. A nice IPA Hello sent me. Right around average. Nothing to make it stand out, but a solid IPA that's quite drinkable. Thanks for sharing, Hello.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93961624@N06/11142958084

That's a sucky law.
There's one solution. Drink beer. ;)

DisturbdChemist said:
Having left over turkey sandwich and I need of a stiff drink. :cheers:

You got one of those for me? :D

Edit: I'm not talking about the turkey sandwich.

Billy-Klubb said:
not this time. I got the 11th Hour & their latest seasonal, Bear Butte Nut Brown. they're changing the name though since the local Sioux are complaining that Bear Butte is sacred.
Wow, is crow creak native owned?

Back