Want more carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After bottling?

I don't think that's really possible... or at least, not advised.

Well then before I bottle. I was under the assumption that you let your bottles sit out a couple days to get more carbonated. Mine aren't.

Just wondering how to get more carbonation. Is there a technique?

Thanks.

Well then before I bottle. I was under the assumption that you let your bottles sit out a couple days to get more carbonated. Mine aren't.

Just wondering how to get more carbonation. Is there a technique?

Thanks.

How much priming sugar did you use and how long did it sit?

For a 0.6L bottle, I use two carbonation drops + a quarter teaspoon of baker's yeast.

After one week, my kombucha is as bubbly as champagne. :ban:

I just pour it right into the bottle. I don't prime with sugar. I add about 4 blueberries. I don't do gravity readings.

I'll try adding fruit juice next time and let sit for 2-3 days.

eek.gif

Kombucha, not beer.

From what I've read, gravity readings don't really help you much with KT.

Most people are suggesting add more sugar... but what I think is important before that advice is given is does the kombucha that you are bottling have much sweetness left?

If you are bottling relatively sweet kombucha then there is really no need to add more sugar. The issue may be more that the yeast just aren't fermenting the remaining sugar.
In that case the thing to do is keep waiting. Keeping the bottles warm will help the yeast stay active.

force carb in a keg and bottle from the keg. Just started doing this and i finally have the control to make mine as fizzy or flat as i want.

Im currently on my 1st brew. So there is a good chance I dont know what the hell Im talking about. With that said, there are quite a few videos on youtube where-bouts the user puts a tsp of jam in the jar/bottle for the 2nd phase of fermentation (the anaerobic portion) with the air tight seal. They said that this increases carbonation as it provides more sugar to ferment as well as make it taste better.

Latest posts

Back