Pittsburgh/Western PA Group By #9+

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did my part and bought the other 3 splits of marris otter so I am actually getting the whole bag. I also got another split of PBW but I may have screwed up by getting a split of 60L. I don't really need the whole split so if anyone wants to split a split, I am ok with that.

Every solution has it's gotchas - I thing you guys found a good one here ... order updates. I've been working with Merlin to see if I can edit incorrect orders without doing anything crazy - it doesn't look like I have that ability.

Worst case if we're changing items I may need folks to re-input orders to change the splits ... I'll let you know if I cant fix it.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I want to buy, but I didn't get an email from the Google docs link after I filled it in. Now that I don't work at SHBS, I need to stock up.

Thanks

I'm fine with switching as well in order to reduce redundancy. In fact brewguyver if you want you can cancel my current order and I'll redo it. I might want to make a couple changes anyhow.

KPR - happy to do that if you'd like. Bare in mind we have 3 sacks left on the pallet, whatever you do.

• Breiss 2-Row Caramel Malt 40L - Bulk -0.75
  • Best Malz Munich Malt - Bulk -0.75
  • Great Western Malting Crystal 15 Malt - Bulk -0.75
  • OiO/Gilbertson & Page Pre-Gelatinized Flaked Oats - Bulk -0.75
  • BRIESS MALTING VICTORY MALT - Bulk -0.75
  • Breiss GoldPils Vienna - Bulk -0.75
  • Fawcett Flaked Barley - Bulk -0.75
  • TF-PCHO Pale Chocolate Malt - Bulk -0.75
  • BD-MUNH Munich - Bulk -0.5
  • Breiss Carapils Malt - Bulk -0.5
  • GP-Rice Rice Hulls - Bulk -0.5
  • Star San Bulk Sanitizer -0.5
  • TF&S Pearl Pale Ale Malt - Bulk -0.5
  • Breiss 2-Row Caramel Malt 60L - Bulk -0.5
  • BZ-ACID Best Malz Acidulated Malt - Bulk -0.25
  • Great Western Malting Crystal 60 Malt - Bulk -0.25
  • Flaked Rye - Bulk -0.25

KPR - happy to do that if you'd like. Bare in mind we have 3 sacks left on the pallet, whatever you do.

• Star San Bulk Sanitizer -0.5
  • TF&S Pearl Pale Ale Malt - Bulk -0.5
  • Breiss 2-Row Caramel Malt 60L - Bulk -0.5
  • Great Western Malting Crystal 60 Malt - Bulk -0.25
I'll take the remaining 25% split on the following open bags:
Breiss 2-Row Caramel Malt 40L - Bulk -0.75
Great Western Malting Crystal 15 Malt - Bulk -0.75
OiO/Gilbertson & Page Pre-Gelatinized Flaked Oats - Bulk -0.75
what is the proper procedure for doing this? do I modify my order or do you add it to my total?

By the way, I leave on a business trip in a few minutes, and won't have great access or time to review these posts until Saturday AM...

TF&S Pearl Pale Ale Malt - Bulk-0.5

The site is only showing 25%

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'll take the remaining 25% split on the following open bags:

Breiss 2-Row Caramel Malt 40L - Bulk -0.75

Great Western Malting Crystal 15 Malt - Bulk -0.75

OiO/Gilbertson & Page Pre-Gelatinized Flaked Oats - Bulk -0.75

what is the proper procedure for doing this? do I modify my order or do you add it to my total?

That's .75 remaining, not 3/4 full, so adding the 25% split won't fill them. Also (unfortunately) our platform doesn't let me manually edit the orders (or i haven't figured it out yet).

Does anyone know if it is okay to keep pbw (dry) in gallon zip lock bags?

Freezer bag *should* be OK - I can't remember having a problem. I now use the gasketed tupperware containers. Just don't leave it out and open - that stuff turns to bricks really fast..

I just put in a split for Star-San. Does anyne know if that is already in a 1-gallon container, or do I need to provide my own?

1 order of star-san is 4x1 gallon containers, so a 25% split is a gallon jug. I've ordered 2 to cover the split, so if we end up with an extra, i can take out one of mine.

TF&S Pearl Pale Ale Malt - Bulk-0.5

The site is only showing 25%

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I originally started that split and then closed out the other half yesterday after seeing how few sacks were left for that pallet. I'd be more than happy to cancel my order to split the sack with you.

I was just trying to help complete the partial orders.
If you need someone to split one i will.

I originally started that split and then closed out the other half yesterday after seeing how few sacks were left for that pallet. I'd be more than happy to cancel my order to split the sack with you.

Sorry that should have been a quote see post above.

Not sure if I did this correctly, but I increased my order on Saturday, by adding two additional orders. These additional orders might fill the pallet, and close out a partial unfilled bulk bag.
1x Great Western Malting Crystal 60 Malt - Bulk - 25% Split for $11.02 each
1x BRIESS MALTING PALE ALE MALT - Bulk - 50 LB Bag for $36.87 each
1x Star San Bulk Sanitizer - Bulk 1 gallon - 25% Split for $33.81 each

I really, really want the Starsan to close out. With the additional order above, I have a 50% split of the 4 potential G. If required, I would take a 75% split, (one of brew buddies would buy it from me!). Thanks

We closed the second pallet over the weekend. Work has been a little crazy so i haven't had time to tally. My plan is to update the report by EOD tomorrow, have people verify their order, and then put out the payment request.

If everyone's ok with it, i'll pull the star san and pbw into the same order. There's a $15 hazard fee per pallet, so i'd rather just put everything on one. worst case i'll close that and will have the extra gallon on hand in case someone wants it later.

This might be a crazy question, but would the order arrive before next weekend?

First - Everyone check their totals and let me know if you have any issues. I plan on sending payment confirmation emails tomorrow.

So here are the open splits remaining - note that this shows what is left to be filled - if we get these filled we'd be at 21/42 sacks. I can fill a few more, and I'm happy to pick up some of the .25's that someone may want later, but it'll probably leave us 10-12 short.

• Five Star Chemicals PBW Cleaner -0.9
  • TF&S Optic Pale Ale Malt - Bulk -0.5
  • 2-Row Caramel Malt 60L - Bulk -0.5
  • Fawcett Lager Malt - Bulk -0.5

Not sure if I did this correctly, but I increased my order on Saturday, by adding two additional orders. These additional orders might fill the pallet, and close out a partial unfilled bulk bag.
1x Great Western Malting Crystal 60 Malt - Bulk - 25% Split for $11.02 each
1x BRIESS MALTING PALE ALE MALT - Bulk - 50 LB Bag for $36.87 each
1x Star San Bulk Sanitizer - Bulk 1 gallon - 25% Split for $33.81 each

I really, really want the Starsan to close out. With the additional order above, I have a 50% split of the 4 potential G. If required, I would take a 75% split, (one of brew buddies would buy it from me!). Thanks

Yep - you did it right, Just double check and make sure *i* did it right.

Hopefully we have a good start on #3. Brewguyver, pm me if you are going to need some help.

I'll definitely need some help when it arrives. i'll shoot you an email re: closing out.

This might be a crazy question, but would the order arrive before next weekend?

It usually takes a week to get payments from everyone

If there is anything that needs bought to get the pallet done, please let me know.

See above

All - I have the following hops left over from the last buy. I also have an armada of 1z bags of the majors. if folks are interested i can dig through and see what I have.

First come first serve (via website)

2 Hop Pellets - Domestic Citra - 1 LB Package*
1 Hop Pellets, Domestic, Chinook - 1 LB Package*
3 Hop Pellets, Domestic, Simcoe - 1 LB Package*
1 Import Pellets - German Hallertau - 1 LB Package*
2 Loose Hops - Domestic - Citra - 1 LB Package*

Is the goal to try to get the third pallet filled or cut down to two full pallets? If the latter I can opt to drop one bag of 2-row and bag of Munich... just realized I still have some leftover from a previous buy. This could let someone else get their wanted grains on one of the first two pallets and get the order completed.

Im fine either way, just let me know.

TLA??

I thought that this was going to be an ongoing buy, if it worked out that is. Goal was to at least get a pallet or two and then go on from there, as they fill up.

If anyone else wants to pick up .25 of the 'BD-MUNH Munich', I'll take .25 to close out that split.

Im looking forward to the new Country Wines location. The current location is convenient but its small and its impossible to pull out of the parking north onto Babcock.

Damn. Not sure how I missed this round of the buy. Is the any room left for a few sacks?

Back